The Boiling Rock, Part 2

With Aya and Zuko

Zuko and Aya were sat in his cell and Zuko was trying to defrost his wings with his firebending. Aya was still out, but she was breathing and her shivering had stopped. Aya's wings were slowly warming up, the ice was melting and her normal color was coming back to her.

"Come on..." Zuko grunted, "Wake up." He eventually stood up and sent a fire blast at Aya's legs.

She sat up with shock and Zuko moved back at her sudden movement. Aya breathed heavily with confusion and looked around, Zuko kneeled down carefully and Aya's head turned him.

"Zuko." She croaked out and went to form fire, but nothing appeared due to her weak state. "What-where-what's going on? Where am I?"

"It's a long story." Zuko assured her and she flinched when he reached for her. "I'm here to help you."

She scoffed, "sure."

"I'm serious." Zuko told her and Aya looked into his eyes. She believed him. "Look, Sokka's here too and we are gonna save you, your father, your birth mother, and Suki. Do you trust me?"

"Last time I did, you betrayed me." Aya reasoned and Zuko looks away in shame.

"I know, and I'm ashamed of what I did." Zuko remarked, "but I'm here to help, but I can't do that if you can't trust me."

Aya was hesitant, but grabbed his hand and Zuko smiled for the first time. "Okay, but you hurt me or anyone, I will attack you."

"If I do, I deserve it." Zuko mentioned and Aya grinned, but she groaned in pain, holding her stomach. "Just lay low for a while, you're weak and need rest."

"I know." Aya sighed and Zuko grabbed her hand, trying to help her up. She stumbled a little, but was able to stand on her feet and Zuko let her hands go.

"You can stand." Zuko said and Aya began to move around. "And walk."

"I can." She smiled. "I just can't bend or probably fight."

"That's okay," Zuko assured her. "Once we get you back to Aang, you'll be fine."

Aya smiled at the thought of her boyfriend. "Hopefully. How is he?"

"He's good." Zuko said, "He just misses you a lot. He's not he's usual happy self without you."

She blushed at this and glanced back at her wings. The ice on her wings had melted almost completely, but they were droopy and weak.

"Is there anyway you could hide those?" Zuko asked and Aya nodded.

"Yeah."

Aya closed her wings and they vanished from sight.

"Now you won't be spotted." Zuko said and Aya chuckled.

"Hopefully. My hair is a give away though." Aya said, touching her dirty, brown hair with red tips. "But I'll put it up and hide the red."

"Do it fast, because we don't want to get caught." Zuko mentioned and tossed her some prisoner clothes. "Put these on to disguise yourself."

She nodded and waited for Zuko to turn. "Can you turn around..."

Zuko blushed and turned around, "sorry."

Aya quickly got changed into the prisoner clothes and put her hair up in a bun, hiding the red color in her hair.

"Okay."

Zuko turned and nodded at her presence. "Perfect. Sokka should be here soon to give us the cue."