Coffee

Lia's POV

We finally arrived at the small coffee house Demi told me about. She parked up her car in a small car park nearby.
"I'll just go get a ticket." She told me, climbing out of the car and running along to the machine. Ugh she was so gorgeous. Wait, what am I thinking? Stop! I thought to myself. Snapping me back to reality, Demi came round and opened the door next to me, extending her arm outwards.
"Princess Lia." She giggled, pretending to be my prince. I laughed as I climbed out of the car.
"Thank you." I said. She smiled at me then leaned into the car to put the ticket in the window. She shut the door and locked her car.
"Come on, let's go." Demi said, leading the way to the coffee shop.

As we turned a corner on the hidden street, Demi stopped and spun around on her heels, bashing her head against mine as she did. My hand flew to my head where we'd crashed.
"Oh my god Lia I'm so sorry! Did I hurt you?" Demi panicked as she saw my face. I shook it off and smiled.
"No, I'm fine. Are you okay?" I asked her, examining a small red mark on her head. She ran her fingers over the little bump and smiled.
"Yeah, I'm good. There's just some pap guy like right there, so, we might need to just hang here for a bit." Demi told me. I couldn't really concentrate on her words, I was focused on how close her face was to mine, how are bodies were almost touching. Her face was flawless, literally flawless. I could stare at her all day. Lia! Stop thinking like that! My mind reminded me again. I blinked and nodded to Demi, answering her.
"He'll go soon, he looked like he was putting stuff in his car." She carried on talking, investigating the scene round the corner of the wall. We stood leaning against the wall for a while, just talking about general things, when we heard a car engine start. Demi bit her lip and looked round the corner. Fuck, did she have to bite her lip then? She looked back round to me, a huge grin on her face.
"He's gone, let's go!" Demi said excitedly, then she grabbed my hand and pulled me around the corner. She's holding my hand. Oh god. What do I do? Just as I thought that, Demi dropped my hand to push open the door to the coffee house.

Demi's POV

We were seen to as soon as we walked through the door. The waitor knew me, I came here a lot, and knew we'd want to have more privacy, and less attention drawn to us. He lead us to a little booth round the corner of the counter. We sat down and ordered our drinks. I ordered a green iced tea, which was my favourite. Lia ordered a skinny cappuccino. I sat my bag beside me, and got myself comfortable on the plump seat of the booth. I watched Lia as she took off her leather jacket and put it next to her neatly. She then let her arms drop in her lap under the table.
"This is a really nice place." she said, probably trying to start a conversation. I smiled, glad that she felt comforable here.
"Yeah, I really like it here, it's just quiet and out the way you know?" I replied. She nodded to me, causing a piece of hair to fall over her eye, which she quickly tucked behind her ear.
"Do you have a tattoo there?" I asked her, still curious. I reached my hand over the table to her raised arm. I could see slight alarm and confusion on Lia's face as I held onto her wrist and turned her arm over. I scanned the image on her wrist, still unsure if it was a tattoo or a drawing.
"Oh, no that's just a little doodle I did this morning with a sharpie." Lia laughed. It was a beautiful drawing; a line of musical notes across her wrist with two birds at the right end. Around the notes was a love heart shape, then forming into a treble clef at the pointed bottom (A/N: pic on the side). It was amazing.
"Wow, you drew this?" I asked her, obviously knowing she did, but just in awe. She pushed her glasses up with her other hand, also covering her reddening face.
"Yeah..it was just an idea really.." She trailed off. I carefully ran my thumb over her wrist, taking in every detail of the drawing.
"It's beautiful." I said. She smiled shyly and dropped her head a little.
"I'd quite like it tattooed, I just can't afford it. Working in Topshop just about pays for-" Lia started saying, then stopped mid-sentence. I furrowed my eyebrows a little, confused as to why she stopped talking.
"Sorry, it pays for gas in my car mainly." She finished. I didn't quite believe that. Did she even have a car? I didn't question it, I just played along. I wish she'd open up to me, I thought to myself.

Lia's POV

I can't believe I almost slipped up to then. The truth is, Since I turned 18 and I got my part-time job in Topshop, I payed Saph's parents some rent. They took me in for free before, but it was time I payed them back. After all, I'm not their child. I was lucky enough that they let me stay with them in the first place. It was either that or go into foster care, and they said they'd rather have me than let me go somewhere like that, especially as they had a spare room. But they provided everything for me, food, hot water for a shower, a bed, a roof over my head, literally everything. So I payed them rent every month. But Demi believed that I live with my parents, she doesn't know that my mum is dead and my dad's in prison. Telling her that I payed rent would sell me out about that, and she'd probably run away if she found out everything about me, scared of the mess that I am. I wasn't ready for her to know.

Demi's POV

Lia and I sat in the coffee house for about an hour, drinking our drinks and talking. She told me about her best friends, Sapphire and Rose, and how close they all were. It reminded me of my relationship with Marissa, my best friend, and also Dallas, my older sister. I told Lia more about my family, not that she didn't already know everyone. She was so cute, such a big fan of mine, she knew who everyone in my family was.
"I've never met a fan who's been so calm around me." I laughed, telling Lia honestly. She raised her eyebrows as she swallowed the last of her coffee.
"Calm?" She asked. "Are you kidding? I am not calm at all..honestly you should've seen me and Saph when I met her back home after you took me home the other night, I was going crazy.." Lia told me honestly too. I giggled a little at the thought of her fangirling with Sapphire at home- Wait...
"Do you and Sapphire live together?" I asked Lia. Her face turned serious all of a sudden. Oh shit, I shouldn't have asked.
"She stayed at mine that night, her parents would've killed her if she got home that late." Lia told me. Was that the truth..? I nodded anyway, accepting her response, but not quite believing it.

After a few minutes, we decided to leave. I held the door open for Lia as we left the coffee house, then swung my arm and linked it with hers as we walked back to the car. I saw her smile out of the corner of my eye. She was so fucking cute!
"What do you want to do now?" I asked her. She looked at me and smiled."
"Whatever you want to do." She said. I smirked.
"Can we go to the movies? There's a new horror that I really wanna see! Pleeaaseeeee!" I jumped in front of her and started to playfully beg. She started laughing then bit her lip. Fuck, why did she have to do that?
"Okaaay fineee, we'll go see the scary movie, but if I cry it's your fault!" Lia said, agreeing to the movies. I grinned and jumped up and down.
"Yayayay!" I said, getting super excited.

Lia's POV

"Can we go to the movies? There's a new horror that I really wanna see! Pleeaaseeeee!" Demi begged, jumping in front of me. Holy hell why was she so cute? I laughed at her then bit my lip to stop myself.
"Okaaay fineee, we'll go see the scary movie, but if I cry it's your fault!" I agreed to see the movie, giving Demi a warning. I hated horror movies, they scared the shit out of me, but if Demi wanted to see it, I'd go, just so she could be happy.
"Yayayay!" She jumped like a little child. Demi stop being so cute, it's not fair! I thought as I watched her bounce over to the car.

Demi blared music in the car on the drive to the movie theatre. What was funnier, is that it was her own music.
"I wanna get you by yourself yeah have you to myself I don't need no body else, don't want no body else," Demi sang the introduction of Who's That Boy to me, her face turning all seductive and sooo sexy. I bit my lip as I watched her sing.
"I've been staring at you, and I could do it all night," She carried on, giving me a cheeky wink. My stomach filled with butterflies. Is it possible that I'm falling in love with Demi Lovato? She's so sexy and gorgeous, I wish I could tell her the truth about myself, but I know she'd never talk to me again. I thought to myself as she sang.
"Wanna take you home, and get you all alone," Demi sang more, pointing to me with her finger, indicating to me. I laughed and covered my face with my hands, completely embarrassed. I could feel my face burning.
"Who's that girl? Who's that girl?" She sang, changing the lyrics and singing to me. Ohh my god why was she singing this to me? Maybe Saph was right..? No, don't be stupid Lia. I had an argument with myself in my head.
"Yaaay! We're there!" Demi announced, pulling into the car park. How can she go from being super sexy to being cute? How?

We got out the car and she hooked her arm in mine again as we walked down to the movie theatre. I saw her look at me, then look away. I looked at her, and then looked away too. She was perfect.