Letter

Lia's POV

It had been 2 days since Demi and I had bonded, but it felt like forever. I completely forgot to get her number before I got out the car that night, but maybe that was a good idea, she probably would've been reluctant to give her number to me, I was pretty much a stranger, just a random fan. I still don't understand why she'd want to talk tome..why me?

I laid in bed staring up at the ceiling, daydreaming about Demi, her flawless everything, how adorable she was when she was shy, how I got a shiver every time her fingertips brushed me, even if it was an accident. It all seemed so surreal, I had met my idol, and seen her in concert, sat in her dressing room talking to her, and let her drive me home. What actually is life?

"Lia get the fuck up!" I heard Saph shout at me, interrupting my train of thought. I guess her parents were out, she'd never get away with swearing if they were here.
"Whyyyyy just leave me aloneee!" I whined back at her. She barged into my room, leaning against the door frame, her expression unimpressed.
"Stop pining over Demi." She told me, clearly bored of my going on about it.
"Dude, she drove me home, I was in her car," I said to Saph for probably the 1000th time.
"Yes, I am aware, even though you're probably making it up.." She winked at me. I scowled at her.
"It fucking happened okay, I don't believe it either but it definitely happened." I argued. She laughed and rolled her eyes at me.
"I guess you won't be wanting this then..?" She asked me, waving an envelope around. I furrowed my eyebrows slightly, unsure of what it was.
"What is that?" I asked her, beyond curious. She smirked and turned it over, reading my name and our address.
"It's a love letter.." She winked again. My heart skipped a beat as I leapt out of bed to grab the letter from Saph's hand. She darted down the hallway and down the stairs into the living room as I chased her.
"GIVE IT TO ME YOU BITCH!" I shouted at her as she ran from me.
"Come and get it you little lesbian!" She shouted back at me.
"Shut up Saph, just give it." I demanded, as I caught up to her. She rolled her eyes and held it out to me. I plucked it from her fingers and read the back. It really was for me.
"Thank you." I said, running back up the stairs to my room and closing the door.

I got back into bed and began to carefully open the envelope. Inside was a letter. I unfolded it and found it was a hand written A4 sized letter, I felt my heart pound as I began to read.

Hey,
I didn't get your number the other night and I was kind of bummed about it, but I remembered you put in your address on my phone for me to take you home, so I thought I'd take advantage of that.
I really want to get to know you better Lia, I don't know what it is but you're so compelling to me and I just want to be that person who you can tell anything to, and vice versa. This is probably totally crazy because we met at a meet and greet and hardly know each other, but all friends start out knowing nothing right?
You don't have to, but my number's on the back of this, if you want, give me a call when you get this letter and we can meet up.
Love, Demi x

Was I dreaming? Did Demi send me a letter really? I read it over again, then flipped the paper over to find her number written in the corner. I picked up my phone and added her to my contacts, then called her. What was I thinking? I couldn't call Demi, she was probably busy. I went to end the call but before I could, she answered.
"Hello?" Her familiar voice spoke.
"Hi Demi..it's Lia." I replied.
"Oh! Hey! I take it you got the letter then." She giggled a little. Can she not do cute things please it makes me smile like an idiot and she can probably hear it too.
"Yeah I did..that was really sweet of you, thank you." I said.
"Aw you're welcome. So what do you say we meet up?" Demi asked, referring to the letter.
"Yeah that'd be great. It's up to you when, you're more likely to have plans than I am, so whatever works for you is fine." I offered. 
"I'm free today, if that's okay for you?" She said. Today? Holy shit, I wasn't prepared for this.
"Yeah that's great, today's good." I ignored my mind.
"Cool, so I'll pick you up at 1pm, is that okay?" She asked me. She was so so sweet. 
"1pm is perfect, I'll see you then." I agreed.
"Okay princess." She called me by the nickname I'd adopted the other day. I could hear that she was smiling by the way she said it, and it made me giggle.
"Byeee," I said, then ended the phone call.