Epilogue (part 2)

THREE YEARS LATER

"Sara it's only me," Lia spoke on the phone, grabbing her car keys and purse.
"Hey, are you on your way?" Sara spoke back through the phone.
"Yeah I'm just leaving now sorry, I'm running a bit late, I'll be there to get her as soon as I can." Lia said, opening the door to her apartment and locking it behind her. She hung up the phone and sped quickly down the single flight of stairs and out to the parking lot of her building. She got in her car and took off to Sara's. She checked the time constantly, knowing she was late, it was already 10am, and she was due to be there at 10. She sighed as the traffic ahead of her seemed to be piling up. Her phone buzzed on the passenger seat, and she picked it up as her car rolled to a stop. Are you almost here? - Sara Xx
Lia read the message and huffed, putting her phone back down as the lights changed to green, and she took the next turn.

As she pulled into Sara's street she could see them standing outside the building, Sara, and her daughter, Victoria-Mae, Tori for short. Lia stopped beside them and rolled the window down.
"I'm so sorry I'm late, can I give you a ride to work? I know it's not far but it'll be faster than walking." Lia offered.
"That would be great, if you don't mind." Sara accepted the offer.
"No problem. Tee, sit in the back for now you can switch when mom gets out okay?" Lia said to the young girl. Tori nodded, hopping in the back and sitting in the middle seat. She liked to be able to see out the front window.
"How're you doing kiddo?" Lia asked Tori as she turned the car around and headed to the tattoo shop.
"I'm okay." The girl said in a quiet, raspy voice.
"Good. You wanna know where we're off to today?" Lia asked her.
"Where?" She asked, her eyebrows a little furrowed.
"Toys R Us. I know how much you love shopping there." Lia said in an excited tone. The girl giggled a little.

The radio played quietly as they drove to the tattoo shop. Lia could hear the all too familiar vocals of Demi Lovato, her single Stone Cold filling the silence of the car.
"I like this song, can you turn it up a little please?" Tori asked Lia. Lia bit her tongue and turned the volume up so it was audible. Sara glanced over at Lia briefly, before turning back to watch the road.

Sara knew about what had happened between Lia and Demi, they'd known each other for three years now, and the paparazzi photos of them eventually came out, although it was never confirmed who either person was, but speculated a lot. When the photos came out, about a year after they broke up, Demi left social media, and is yet to make a comeback, and Lia had a breakdown; she thought that Demi had cut off social media because of a relapse, but had no way of finding out if that was true, she went off the grid for a while. She couldn't bring herself to call Demi, or text her, in case she didn't get a reply, or didn't get the reply she wanted. Meanwhile, Demi was fine, slightly irritated by the fact that the photos had surfaced, but ignoring the questions, none of which were aimed at her. Shortly after their breakup, Demi hooked up with Wilmer, ignoring her better judgement of him. Long before the beach paparazzi photos, there were odd photos of Demi and Wilmer together around the city. Lia saw one blog about them, and also left social media. The only news she had was from the papers and the radio, so she was well aware of Demi's new music, and her flourishing heterosexual relationship.

"You okay?" Sara asked Lia, cautiously. Lia nodded, and pulled over.
"Thanks for the ride, Tori baby I'll see you later okay? Just let Lia know when you want to come home and she'll bring you, you know the drill." Sara explained to her daughter, the same thing she explained every day that Lia picked her up.
"I know momma." Tori spoke, again, very quietly.
"Okay, have a good day, I love you." Sara said, leaning to the back seat and planting a kiss on Tori's forehead.
"I love you too." Tori replied. Sara got out the car and waved goodbye, then headed into work. Lia turned her body to face Tori.
"You getting in the front kiddo?" She asked her. Tori smiled and nodded, unbuckling her seat belt and climbing over the seats before plopping down into the passenger seat.
"Right, seat belt back on then, we're going toy shopping."