Unexpected feelings

Matthew sighed to himself as he left the two males and headed for the elevator. Stepping, he took a glimpse at Ivan and Yao just before the two metal doors slid shut. He felt the lift moving down, a sense of unease over-taking him for a split second. Staring down at the documented papers, the young Canadian thought about what the Russian and Chinese told him. He just, wasn't sure how he was going to stand up to someone like Bruno. Sure they were friends, in ways, but with having a twin like Alfred, he just felt like his literal shadow. He's always felt like that, and for a moment when he entered the academy, he thought he might be noticed for once. However, bumping into Ivan had brought him back to reality.

The feeling of being invisible. Some wish for it. Others despise it. Then, there are those who know not what to do to stop it. Matthew, for the longest time, has always felt invisible to others. In previous years he'd always be the last chosen in things just because no one noticed him, and sometimes not even his brother cared to know if he was there or not. It did hurt, a lot, to feel this way. To feel like no one can really see you. And from family especially. He loved his brother, but Alfred could never understand what Matthew felt about him when it came to noticing him. A simple sign of him acknowledging his presence would've been enough for the Canadian, but it just feels like that rarely happens at all.

The blonde's thoughts were immediately broken once he heard a soft bell ring, signifying the lift doors opening. In a hurry, he was moving to exit, not noticing the tall figure making it's way inside. The two clashed, causing both to stumbling back. Matthew clutched the papers as he groaned softly, annoyed that this has happened for the second time today. "You must look where your going, Matthew," Matthew jerked his head up, surprised that someone said his name. He saw a blonde headed male dusting off his clothes, which looked rather expensive to him, his expression seeming emotionless for the most part. "S-Sorry, Tim! I..I got lost in thought..." Matthew sighed. "You.. you know who I am..?" He asked suddenly in a quiet, shy voice, hoping it wouldn't be heard by the other setting himself next to the Canadian. To his misfortune, The dutch did in fact hear the question. He leaned against the cold metal railing, though his gloves shielded his skin from the feeling, "Why wouldn't I? We've been in the same class for a few years now.." He asked, glancing down at the blonde. "Oh.. I just guessed.. uh, never mind-" The boy scratched his neck, looking down. He couldn't help but smile faintly. The thought of someone, a human, seeing him, knowing he was there instead of forgetting him, was starting to bring back that same feeling of hope he had when he entered the school earlier this morning.

Tim noticed the Canadian's shyness, as well as his smile. He looked at the papers he was holding, seeing the name 'Bruno' written on it. "Where were you headed?" He asked. Matthew flinched, causing him to lose his thoughts, making him hold the papers close to his chest. "Oh, uhh, I was heading to the administrators office," the smaller male responded as he looked up at the taller one. "uh.. y-you?" "Office as well. My brother wants to have his room changed so that he's with me. He also forgot his timetable there.." "I see." Timothy groaned slightly, looking down at the other. Their eyes met, and Tim noticed for the first time that Matthew's eyes were a rich violet hue. It felt somewhat nice, and warm to see those orbs. He guessed it was because of the Canadian's soft personality, or at least, what he knew about him anyways. Matthew was starting to sense awkwardness between the two. He could feel Tim's eyes, as if they were staring right into his soul, as if to find something hidden inside. He wasn't sure what to do, and it didn't seem like Tim did either.

Eventually the ring of the elevator doors opening broke the eye contact between the two, Matthew blinked and looked down, making his way out the door, whilst Timothy followed behind, keeping himself distracted from looking at Matthew by looking at the decor placed around on the first floor of the dormitory. They were both heading to the office, which made Matthew feel a little strange being around Tim for a few moments after that. Nonetheless, once the two made it to the administrator desk, Matthew gave in the papers Bruno needed to give to the Academy staff. He took a glimpse at the tall male beside him, who was getting his own things done with another staff member, before looking back down. That strange feeling coming back to him again. Before leaving, he saw the dutch look at him again, and with hesitation, he waved a good-bye, then exited through the door. 

This was strange. It was weird. It didn't feel normal. That same, strange, feeling was starting to come back to Matthew. It was more like a sting, like he'd just been poked with something in the chest. It just felt so, unexpected, but he wasn't sure what to make of it. He'd just need to leave this be for now then..