CHAPTER 3: 11 years old

Jungkook sighed as he picked up a yellow tulip and added it to his basket full of colourful tulips.

Do they really think they are being sneaky? he thought to himself as he looked in the corner of his eyes where he could see Joonie and Jinnie 'hiding' behind a bush.

Ever since they came to the castle, the boys grew this sort of obsession with Jungkook. Honestly. the fairy found it quite cute and endearing, but sometimes it made him worry about their safety since Jungkook regularly frequented the forest where many species could hurt them.

For the first few months, the boys slightly avoided Jungkook, worrying him a lot, but afterwards, he noticed how they would always try to look for him and when they saw him, they would blush. Dawn thought that their little obsession with him was adorable even calling it a crush but Jungkook merely dismissed it as curiosity since Jungkook was quite special looking.

His hair had since grown even more to the point where he could do a perfect braid without any hairs falling or sticking out. Jungkook loved it and he loved decorating it with flowers and accessories that Mina had given him. However, he had run out of flowers so he was currently picking some up to refill his stock when he noticed straight away that the boys were following him once more.

After those first initial months, the boys got bolder and bolder, following Jungkook wherever he went. When Jungkook expressed his worries and concerns to Hyuna and Dawn, the happy couple gently dismissed his worries saying: "We trust you!"

Jungkook secretly thought they were happy with the princes' new hobby because now the king and queen had more time for themselves. Jungkook shivered in disgust at the thought.

"Are you going to continue following me the whole way?" Jungkook asked out loud with a small smile on his face as he decided that any farther in the forest would be dangerous for them.

Jungkook waited for a response and when he received none, he turned around to see the boys trying to hide behind a tree. Jungkook giggled at the cute sight and gently walked towards them so that they couldn't hear his footsteps. Finally, when he was right in front of the tree, he stuck his head to the side and yelled: "Boo!"

The six boys jumped and some even squealed in fright. They all looked at the fairy with big eyes as they fell over each other.

"I'm sorry but I don't think you would make very good spies," Jungkook giggled as he took in their surprised expressions.

"A-are you mad?" Jimin asked softly. All the other boys were quite comfortable speaking with Jungkook. They were still shy but Jimin was the only one who still stuttered. Jungkook smiled fondly at the little boy and gently ruffled his orange hair.

"I'm not mad. But," Jungkook started and he watched with amusement as all of their eyes widened in worry, "I do have to draw the line here. I'm fine with you boys following me around," the vampires looked at each other in amazement since they truly thought they were being sneaky all this time and that the fairy never knew, "but the forest is dangerous and you could get hurt." Jungkook finished, his tone firm but soft.

"But we won't get hurt! You'll protect us!" Hoseok offered happily, his heart smile making Jungkook want to cuddle and spoil the sweetheart.

"Of course! I'll always protect you, but I'd prefer to avoid situations where you could be harmed." Jungkook reasoned as the little boys started pouting in disappointment.

"Okay," Jin glumly agreed as he softly pulled on the others' arms and started walking towards the exit.

"Do you need me to accompany you?" Jungkook wondered worryingly as he watched Taehyung almost trip over the root of a tree sticking out.