Chapter 5: Party Pokémon

"First let's give you your uniforms. Gym leaders here have their own specific ones because of how they do gym battles. Basically, challengers battle against them to win badges and make it to the top of what's called the League Challenge. Once they've traveled around and beat all eight gym leaders, they compete in the Pokémon League as their final test."

"And if they win that, they become known as champion of the Galar region." Lee jabbed his thumb into his chest. "That's what I am. If you beat me in a battle, you gain the title." He lowered his arm and gave a cocky grin.

"Let me guess..." Lucy crossed her arms and gave him a look. "No one's beaten you yet ever since you got the title?"

He chuckled. "Righto! We make sure we're a challenge, too. No one has gotten close, even the best gym leader!"

I lowered my head at this. I remembered when that was the case with me before, and I was very bored with it. That was why I was so happy to live in Fiore when I got the chance. I could live without worrying about my title and always knowing the outcome. So how was he not bored with his?

Lucy even read what was on my mind. "That's what Ellie was saying too. I wonder how you both would do in a battle then?"

"Heck yeah!! I wanna see that!" Natsu pumped his fist.

I looked up again, me and Lee exchanging glances. I grinned. "That is a good question, but we can't quite do that right now. Not without Charizard..." Lee went sad again, and I shut my mouth immediately. I had to quit mentioning it. "I'm sorry, Lee...I'll stop."

"Don't worry," he replied. "I know you don't mean it."

"The uniforms are here!" Ash then yelled out, carrying a box he grabbed from Sonia in the other room. "Let's check 'em out!"

Natsu and the others gathered around, and leaned over the box in to see. Wendy crouched down to pull out the first uniform, and we all immediately knew who's it was. "This must be yours, Lucy!" She said.

"Let me see!" She held it up, seeing the bright pink and light blue stripes on the shirt. Her eyes beamed at the colors. "Oh my gosh, I love it!!"

I giggled. "I thought you would. That uniform is for the fairy type gym leader. So you'll even get your own fairy type Pokémon along with that."

Her eyes now shined like stars as she sighed in excitement. "Really?? That's so awesome!" She looked at the others. "So that means the others get their own based on what their magic specializes in, right?"

"Yep." I stepped up to her, holding three Pokéballs in between my fingers. "And these ones specifically will be yours. I'm also having Sylveon go with you for safety."

Lucy beamed again. "I get to have Sylveon, too?? This day just gets better!"

"Give me mine, I wanna see!" Natsu grabbed the box and practically knocked Lucy forward.

"Hey! Wait your turn, Natsu!" she scolded. "That was rude!"

"Yeah yeah, sorry." He rummaged through the box himself until he found the red fabric on his own uniform. "Wooah!! This must be mine!"

I went to Lucy and helped her up. "Natsu, please calm down. This is very serious."

"Ellie's right." This time is was Erza that grabbed the box out of Natsu's hands. "And it's my turn now."

The gang went on by arguing and trying to grab their own clothes from each other. I sweat-dropped at their immaturity, worried they would start a fight and bring down the lab. "Well...at least they're excited."

Ash laughed. "Reminds me of the guild hall. Those were fun times."

I giggled back. "Yep, I do miss it sometimes."