Chapter Twenty Nine, Answers

PLEASE READ!!!

Quick note: Emery and Alice were born three minutes apart. Alice on July third at eleven fifty-eight, and Emery on July Fourth at twelve-o'one.

I thought I'd mentioned this in the first chapter, but I must have edited it out at some point, so I apologize for any confusion.

I've revised Chapter Twenty Seven to include this information. No need to re-read it, just wanted to let you guys know!

~~~

It's been nearly a week since Mason and I's escapade in the hot tub. A week of stolen glances, butterflies, and late night conversations of what the hell do I do?

Aaron continues to give me the whatever you want take, while Alice goes more for the don't fall for it again side of the things. Which is understandable but slightly hypocritical considering she took Hayden back in less than forty eight hours.

Ultimately, it comes down to what I want, who I'm willing to hurt, and what chances I'm willing to take for it. The answer?

I have no fucking clue.

"So here's the plan. We go to dinner with our parents, satisfy their need of a family endeavor, and then we ditch and head to the real party," Alice finishes with a wiggle of her eyebrows.

"Alice, how did you even rent a pier?" I ask with a laugh, staring down at all the papers strewn across the table before us.

"With this," she holds up her father's credit card, "duh?"

Tomorrow is July third, and Alice has been nonstop planning our birthday for the past week. Any hope of it being small is totally out the window. She's managed to reserve a pier and private beach an hour away. She's booked hotel rooms for us, rented a DJ, food trucks, fireworks, and invited everyone she's ever met.

"And who's bringing the booze?" I ask.

"I've got it covered," she says simply, but the way she says it has me frowning. She changes the subject before I can ask further. "So, have you decided if you want your room upgraded to a bigger bed?"

I give her a flat look to which she giggles. Mason and Aaron both went and got fitted for suits yesterday in preparation of dinner tomorrow night, and Alice would not let me hear the end of her threesome jokes.

"You know you're going to have to decide eventually," she adds. "Mason's not a very patient person."

"I know," I sigh, "I know."

I've went around my head in so many circles that I don't know where any of my feelings start or end now. I know I have to talk to him. I have to be honest. Even if it's a confusing honesty.

"You could always just find someone new," she offers.

I scoff. "Oh, yes, because that's what I need, more boys involved."

She shakes her head with a laugh and continues sorting through receipts, printed off reservation confirmations, and whatever the hell else Alice she's managed to plan.

"So we're going to make it back for the barbecue though, right?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Of course! Our check out time is eleven, so we'll have plenty of time to get back," she reassures.

Having a Fourth of July birthday was always magical to me. Alice's was technically the day before but we always celebrated together. Each year we spent it at the beach house and celebrated with a good old fashioned barbecue. Our father's stood in front of the smoker and grill from dawn until dusk, drinking their merry hearts away while our mothers bathed in the sun, sipping their own drinks watching us kids set off fireworks, making sure no one got hurt. We only almost died a handful of times, and it was nearly always Hayden's fault.