~54~

~Taehyung POV~

"Taehyung." Mark hyung said and smiled. "Where are the girls?"
I scowled. "They're still sleeping." 
Mark hyung nodded. "That's good. I need to talk to the seven of you." He said and sat down. We looked at each other and sat down as well.

"What is it, Mark?" Namjoon hyung asked.
"Look, I know you guys see me as the bad guy here-"
"Was it that obvious?" Jin hyung asked sarcastically but Mark hyung just ignored him.
"But I want you guys to listen to my side." He started.

~Flashback~
~Mark POV~

*BANG BANG*

My mom put her hand on my mouth to quiet down my cries.
"Shhh......" She whispered. "It's going to be ok."
"Mom..." I said shakily.
"Shh......" Mom said. "Mark... listen to me. Whatever happens, do not hurt anyone. I don't want you ending up like them."
"Mom-"
"And remember." She cut off, her voice rushed. "Your father and I love you so much."
"Mom-"

I shouted in surprise when the door of the bathroom slammed open, revealing a guy clad in black.
"There you are..." The guy said and took my mom away from me. "The boss is downstairs, talking with your husband."
"Mom!!!" I shouted and ran to her but I was quickly lifted up by another guy. "Let me go!!" I shouted and tried to get him to loosen his grip, but failed.
"Mom!!!" I shouted again as we were brought downstairs. The guy who was dragging my mom threw her in front of another guy, this one dressed in a suit, who was sitting comfortably on our couch.

"Mo-" I was cut off by a hand slapping on my mouth.

The guy sneered at my parents. "You know..." He started. "You could've just told me that you can't pay me. I would've offered you a job at my company and you could pay me that way."
"But no..." He continued. "You had to run away and give me a fucking headache just to find out."

I couldn't take it and bit the guy's hand on my mouth. He shouted in pain and extracted his hand from my mouth.
"MOM!!!" I shouted. The guy on the couch looked at me.
"Ahh...... so this must be the reason why." He said, standing up and approaching me. "What's your name, kiddo?"
"M-Mark Tuan, sir." I said, looking down.
"How old are you?"
"8"

"Jungyin please..." My dad begged. "Not our son..."
The guy, Jungyin, studied me for a moment and chuckled.

"Bring him to the car." He ordered. The guy that I bit took my hand and dragged me outside.
"Mom!!" I shouted. She looked at me with tears in her eyes, and before I left my home, she mouthed three important words to me.
"We love you..."
Mom...

It wasn't long before two gunshots were heard.

¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤°¤━━━¤

"Tuan."
I raised my head to see one of Jungyin's men in front of my cell.
"Here's your foo-"

"I'll take it from here." A female voice said.
"Y-yes, ma'am."

A girl appeared outside my cell, she entered, carrying a tray of food.
"Who the fuck are you?" I asked coldly. She smiled at me and placed the tray in front of me.
"What do you want?"
"I'm Irene." She said.
"Do I look like I care?" I asked, turning away from her.
"I'm trying to be nice here since you have no friends."
"I don't need friends."
"Look." I turned my head to her in surprise when her tone changed. "I want to help you."
"What do you mean?"
"Let's make a deal."
"What?"
"You'll help me...." She said, looking straight into my eyes. "And I'll help you escape this hellhole."