Chapter 27- The Reunion

Author’s POV

Jeongyeon along with Chaeyoung and Jihyo are now on their way to Busan for their vacation and reunion with Jimin’s parents. They were already informed that everything is already prepared for them including the room that they will be using.

Jeongyeon and Jihyo is taking turns in driving the car so that they can both take a rest within the whole trip. Jeongyeon is having a weird feeling in this trip. She couldn’t understand why she felt uneasy and bothered.

“You alright?” Jihyo asked when she noticed the uneasiness in Jeongyeon.

The girl looks at her as she tries to calm herself. “I don’t understand, Jihyo. Why do I feel like I have this feeling that something is not right.”

“Why? What do you mean?”
“I don’t know… I just… I can’t figure it out.”

“Jeong, please calm yourself. Nothing is wrong. Maybe you are just too excited to go back in Busan after so many years.”

Jeongyeon took a deep breath and think about what Jihyo said. Yes, perhaps it is because of the excitement that she feels but it is really weird. She feels so nervous, happy and confused at the same time.

Jeongyeon shook her head and tap her shoulder. “Aissh… just calm yourself Jeongyeon-ah…”
Jihyo laugh softly because of her friend’s weird behavior.

“Yah, go get some rest.”

“Aneo. You have to rest too and in fact we still have a long way to run.”

“Nope. Go get some rest and I’ll wake you up when I am tired and switch up with you.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, pretty sure.”

“Okay then.” Jeongyeon then rest herself and tried to close her eyes. It’s dawn when they decided to leave Seoul and it takes 4-5 hours before reaching Busan. She let go of the thoughts that is running through her mind and let herself sleep and wait until Jihyo give her turn to drive.

The rays of the sun block her sight as she opened her eyes. The sun is already up when she woke up from her sleep. She has been sleeping for the whole time and Jihyo didn’t even bother to wake her up for a switch.
She checks her watch and it’s almost 7 in the morning. One more hour to go and they will be reaching Busan.

She throws her eyes at the back to check if Chaeyoung is already up but the girl is still peacefully sleeping. She then search for Jihyo when she noticed that she is not at her seat and the car has stopped in a convenient store. She then look outside the window and she saw Jihyo standing at the corner of the store drinking her coffee.

She noticed that she is busy with phone. It seems like she’s talking to someone. she then wave her hand outside the window and call her name. Jihyo looked at her and immediately ended the call and put it on her pocket. She made her way back to the car and give her coffee to Jeongyeo.

“Want some?” Jeongyeon nodded and took the coffee. Jihyo then started the engine and leave the place.

“Who is it?” Jeongyeon started. “The one who yo are talking in your phone. Who is it?”

“Ah.. yeah… It’s Taehyung Oppa.” she lied. “He is checking us.”

“Really? Why does he has to call you when he can call me instead?”

Jihyo became silent for a while before she gathered all her words. “I don’t know. Perhaps he is thinking that you are still sleeping and chose to call me instead.”