Chapter 25- New Beginning

5 Years Later

Taehyung’s POV

It’s been 5 years and a lot of things happened. Those years I spent here in New York, I already build my career. I was working as a marketing director in a company here and it really helps me a lot especially for our expenses here.

Chaeyoung is getting taller as she grows. She’s turning 5 but she is so smart. Being there as her father is so overwhelming. Though, she knew from that start that I am not her dad, she always makes me feel loved.

Today, we decided to go back to Seoul, not to start a new life and new career there but to fix everything we left. We will still go back here in New York as what we planned since we find our life here a bit comfortable and peaceful.

Though, we all miss living in Seoul, we cannot just leave what we started here. I am just taking a 2 months leave to accompany them there. Since Jihyo already went back to Seoul 2 years ago, she is the one who is going to welcome us at the airport.

Everything is ready, I already put all our baggage inside the car so we can now leave when I noticed that I left something inside the room so I went back to check it. As I enter the room, I saw what I was looking for placed in front of the window so I went close to get it.

“Why are you still here? Everything is now ready.” I said as I burry my face in her neck and wrapping her in my arms giving her a back hug.

She titled her head to the side and hold my hands receiving my warm hug. “Where is she?”

“Chaeyoung?” I asked and she hummed in response. “She’s already outside with eomma. They’re already inside the car waiting for us.”

“I see.” I heard her chuckle. I wonder what taking her so long and what is she thinking right now.

So I asked “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I just couldn’t believe that we are now going home.”

“Are you nervous?”

“Ani. I just… I am wondering what will happen when we arrive there.”

“Is there anything you have to worry?”

She turned around and wrapped her hands around my neck and shook my head. “Nothing.” And she smiled. “I am just thinking, our life here in New York is so peaceful and going with you in Seoul is new to me since I need to cope up again.”

“We are doing this for Chaeyoung. There are people she needs to meet personally. Do you want to stay here?”

“No. I’m fine. As you said, for Chaeyoung. Let’s go?”
I couldn’t figure out what is bothering with her. I know sometimes I find her so quiet and in deep thoughts but I do not bother talking to her.