LXXIII. Kirin vs. Fentan

Kirin wrapped her hand around with her string at the beginning of the match. Across from her, Fentan was just staring at Kirin with dead eyes. Most of her face was covered by her hair, and she wore padded armor on her body.

The string lit on fire as Kirin flaunted off her flaming fists at Fentan. Fentan merely smiled and held out her fingers as if she was taking a picture from an imaginary camera.

"Ready.." announced William, "Set... Open the game!"

Kirin quickly dashed towards Fentan, just as Fentan did as well. When they got close, they merely passed each other, mostly due to Kirin backing away. They ran around the arena for a while like wandering chickens.

"What are they doing?" asked Diablo, confused on the whole situation, "They're not even fighting each other.. They're just running around the arena."

"Remember that Fentan has Pressure Point Detection," smiled Sona as she watched the match, "This means that she's able to see all the weak points on Kirin, allowing even a single hit to end the match quickly. Kirin's best strategy is to stay away from Fentan as much as possible, not getting close."

Kirin finally decided to make a move and pulled out a bow from underneath her vest!

"What the?" yelled one of the people from the audience, "That girl is cheating! She doesn't have that bow registered!"

"I understand your clamoring in the audience, folks!" announced William, trying to ease the crowd, "It may seem like that weapon is unregistered, but look closely!"

"The bow!" said Milo, shocked when he finally realized it, "It's made out of string! Just like when she made those panties out of her string as well!

Kirin registered her string in as the weapon in order to give a surprise!"

Kirin began to shoot flaming arrows made out of string at Fentan, who began to dodge the attacks. This ranged weapon had given Kirin the advantage, allowing her to attempt to injure Fentan from a long range.

Fentan knew that just dodging the arrows wouldn't work, and decided to go on the offensive. She rushed at Kirin, dodging the arrows being shot at her. Kirin panicked for a little before calming herself.

Once Fentan got close, she tried her best to hit Kirin's pressure points. She went for a jab, and then a slice, but Kirin used her Resonance to quickly dodge the attacks. Kirin punched Fentan in the stomach with her flaming fist when Fentan was distracted on attacking, and then kicked her while she was stunned. Fentan flipped and shrugged off the damage, going back to attacking Kirin once again.

This time, Fentan was more careful on any attacks Kirin would attempt. After all, she only had to focus on Kirin's leg and single arm, since her other arm was holding the bow. Fentan made a multiple barrage of hits, which Kirin attempted to parry. Soon, Kirin had to drop her bow to parry an attack and once again kick Fentan to the ground.

"You've got a really nice reaction time," complimented Fentan, smiling as she slowly stood up.

When Fentan stood up, Kirin realized that she had took her bow! The bow was in Fentan's hands, who had used the kick to quickly grab the bow while Kirin was distracted. Kirin had no way to attack Fentan from a distance now. Fentan planned to break the bow until—

Agghhh!

Fentan yelled in pain, clutching her flaming arm. The bow had lit itself on fire, from the use of Kirin's Flame Scroll!

"Now to use what Sona taught me!" thought Kirin as the temperature of the flames grew hotter and hotter.

Fentan patted the fire off, using all she can to put away the burning flames. They had caused severe damage to her hand, preventing her from using it to hit Kirin's pressure points. They were at equal ends once again, with the removal of Kirin's bow and the damage dealt to Fentan's hand.

"But that's not all!" yelled Kirin as she pulled on a piece of string.

Fentan was suddenly entrapped in multiple string. She couldn't move at all!

"While we ran around in the beginning of the match, I laid down my string!" explained Kirin, "This allowed me to sense your movements easier and where you were going to attack! Not only that, but by pulling on the string, I can tighten it and trap you right where I want you to be!"

"What an amazing plan!" yelled Milo in excitement.

"Shit!" yelled Fentan as she struggled to get out of the string.

FWOOSH!

Fentan yelled in agony once again as the string had lit itself on fire. Kirin wasn't going to allow Fentan to escape.

"I've got to end this now with all I've got!" yelled Kirin as she pulled on the string tightly once again.

SPLRK!

"Sh-shit!" thought Kirin in shock as her eyes widened, "I must've accidentally pulled the string too tightly!"

The string had cut Fentan in pieces, whose body couldn't take the pressure from the string. It's as if she was a watermelon that had finally give in to the multiple strands of rubber bands tightening it.

Kirin slowly walked up to the scattered body parts, almost barfing from the sight of what she had done.

"Killing is allowed, folks!" announced William, who was also in shock, "Then that concludes it—"

Suddenly Kirin collapsed on the floor.

"What?" thought Kirin, "What's happening?"

Fentan was suddenly standing up again. She smiled at Kirin as she showed her arms. They had no hands! Kirin quickly looked at her ankle, which had a hand tap it's pressure point.

"The Grand Tournament displays only your name and your ability as information," smiled Fentan, "But they don't display your race. I'm an undead, who can detach and attach my own body as I please!"

Kirin felt multiple taps on her body from the detached hand of Fentan. She finally lost consciousness on the ground.

"What a stunning turn of events!" announced William, "Fentan Moruchi has won!"

The Resonance recruits gasped at the outcome. They had to anticipate that every challenger from then on were to be a strong foe.

"Next round is...

Imio Boros: Teleportation and Knives vs. Yuma Gojojo: Bubble!"