LXVIII. Panty Problems

"No," replied Zander immediately.

"Come on!" groaned Yuma, "I need some sort of compensation for what happened to me! You need some too!"

"I'm not going to help you steal another person's bianchera intima!" argued Zander.

"Just think of it as a warmup!" suggested Yuma, waving around his arms, "It's been so long since you've been in action, and this could be the chance to practice your vibration wave thingy! I don't even know what you call it anymore.."

"For simplicity, I'm still calling it vibration manipulation. However, it's more than that: It manipulates waves of all kinds, from sound waves to light waves."

"That's.. kinda powerful, don't you think? I mean, doesn't the sun emit some kind of heat waves? Wouldn't that let you be able to burn people instantly?"

"Even if I can manipulate that, it's not like a single target would be affected. Everyone would be affected nearby, especially since the waves travel through everybody."

"I guess that makes sense. Don't want your teammates burning with ya. But, this just proves my point! This is a chance for you to practice your wave-thingies! Maybe it'll give you some form of control, kinda like how Korudo controlled his Banshee screech back in Naturo Forest."

"You make a promising argument, but why the hell should it be bianchera intima?"

Yuma scoffed, "Man, do you always censor some form of inappropriate words with your foreign language or something?"

"You got a problem with it?" asked Zander as he tightened his fist.

"Not at all!" Yuma laughed nervously, "And yes, it is necessary. The accuracy of trying to pick a fresh pair of panties from the clothesline is nothing to joke about."

Zander stared at Yuma with disappointment, "This is why no one likes you. It's also the reason why people stop reading the book once it gets to your parts."

"What?" asked Yuma, confused.

"Nothing," waved off Zander, "I might as well join you. I do like a challenge now and then. However, at any event that we're caught, I won't be. Got it?"

"You won't be. Got it!"

"So how do you plan on doing this?" asked Zander, assuming that Yuma has a plan, "Your plan better be at Milo level if you think we're getting out of this."

"So everyone knows I'm an expertise at where the women live—"

"Disgusting."

"And that's why I plan on scouting out the houses and stuff. You'll be the one snatching the panties because of how fast you are with your Resonance."

"I'm the one snatching them?"

"Well, this is practice for you, you know. After that, we pretty much land ourselves a pile of free panties!"

"Who thought it would be a good idea to give birth to you?"

Zander landed behind the side of the Kat residence, where they agreed to meet up. In his hands was a pair of panties.

"Woah!" laughed Yuma, "You actually did it! Nice job! I didn't know Kalungo had a sister or some cousin or something!"

"I didn't know either," mumbled Zander, "But something was extremely fishy about this operation."

"How so?"

"First of all, this pair was found on top of Kalungo's roof. That's already a red flag as it is, especially since Kalungo has never mentioned living with a sister."

"But don't people live in Kalungo's makeshift bar and motel?"

"That's only reserved for Resonance users, and last I checked, Milo, Korudo, Diablo, Kirin, you, and I were the only ones living there."

"So we got Kirin's panties!" drooled Yuma, turning around and inspecting them, "How nice!"

"I'm beginning to think that's a possibility," warned Zander, "It leads up to my second point. Right when I snagged it, the underwear began to light up in flames. I quickly vibrated it in order to put them out.

Bianchera intima suddenly bursting into flames isn't natural. It could only be lit up by either Resonance or a Scroll. Last I checked, Kirin seemed to be the only Furyflame member around these parts, where their main ability is to literally manipulate fire."

"You worry too much, Zander," smiled Yuma, still holding onto the panties, turning around, "Come on. Let's find another house to raid and—"

Zander was no longer there. It's like he disappeared.

"Yikes," grumbled Yuma, "The coward really did leave. Just because of burning underwear. I swear."

Suddenly, Yuma could no longer feel the warmth of the panties in his hand. In fact, his hand was on the floor.

"Oh shit," said Yuma calmly, "My hand's on the floor.

...

Oh shit! My hand's on the fucking floor!"

He scrambled on the floor to try and put his hand back on his arm, but he noticed that he wasn't bleeding of any sorts. Not only that, but the insides of his arm were replaced by a blue pigmentation. His hand wasn't cut off.

It was turned into a portal.

Yuma started to run, "Oh fuck! Oh fuck! This is worse than my hand getting cut off!"

Yuma crashed into a dark fall figure, falling onto the ground. When he looked up, he saw the familiar face of Chroma, with Kirin behind him.

"I should've known..." mumbled Kirin, shaking her head.

"Yuma.." glared Chroma, his face shadowed, a red glowing eye appearing, "You do know what's going to happen next, correct?"

"Uh.." asked Yuma nervously, "Please remind me.. I don't think we went over this!"

"You'll be rethinking your decisions by attending a church, and hopefully getting your life together."

Yuma groaned, a fate worse than death for him.