XXXIV. Frostern Flatlands

"Ahhhh," sighed Milo as he stretched his arms, "Finally! A moment of silence without Yuma making weird remarks or Zander making things so tense!"

"Sona," asked Diablo, carrying the package filled with supplies, "We are going to the Frostern Mountains right?"

"Yes," smiled Sona innocently, "Why do you ask?"

"Well, I'm not seeing a lot of mountains."

Just like the Naturo Outskirts, which is filled with cliffs and small trees in contrast to its huge dense forest, the Frostern region doesn't start out with mountains in the beginning. The outer region of the Frostern has lots of flatlands, which surprisingly is one of the flattest landscapes out of the entire Desmoni Kingdom. This means that the Frostern region has one of the flattest yet one of the tallest places in the nation.

"It'll increase dramatically soon," smiled Sona.

Kirin looked at her scrolls, finding out more about the Frostern region's culture, "The Frostern region's races only consist of Orcs. Traders rarely stay at the Frostern Mountains due to the fear of the Orcs' reputations as relentless beasts."

"I doubt all orcs are that bad," commented Diablo, "Stereotypes have just been unfair to them. They've evolved from their primitive ways and are trying out new advanced techniques."

"They seem to have a bright future ahead of them," suggested Milo.

...

About 30 minutes into the flatlands, the group had began noticing the Frostern Mountains in the horizon, basking in their glory. Diablo and Milo were arguing about a certain character in a story that they both read.

"Kundaro had no character development at all," claimed Diablo, spewing an argument from the top of his head, "He barely showed emotion, and if it he did, it was usually anger! I'm pretty sure he even said that that's why he beat the final boss in the first place!"

"You're seriously dumb for thinking that, Diablo," argued Milo, who was now carrying the package, "Kundaro has been shown to take care of young children as well as use a strategy to defeat the final boss. The person who plans a lot wins after all!"

"Oh, bullshit! You know that was an ass-pull made by the author!"

"Oh my," smiled Sona, "I wonder how Motza would've thought about these two. They seem like they never run out of energy!"

"They kinda remind me of Yuma and Zander," commented Kirin, "It's just that they aren't too perverted or too critical on certain things."

"And how about you, Kirin?" asked Sona, "How do you distinct yourself? Yuma is a pervert and Zander is.. brash. I've never seen you label yourself or do much work other than support."

"Oh, well.. uh.." mumbled Kirin, thinking her best, "I just don't feel like I want to be the main focus of attention, you know? I'm just here to support my team and get it over with."

"You should be in the spotlight some more! As far as I know, you may not have the most power or the most potential, but you have the mind to outwit the both of them! And you're very beautiful too!"

Kirin adjusted her glasses, blushing in embarrassment, "Thank you but I'm really not! I—"

"Hey!" yelled Diablo and Milo, running up from behind Sona and Kirin, "We're finally near the Frostern Mountai—"

STUMBLE! CRASH!

The group had stumbled onto the ground.

Milo felt something soft and squishy with his hand. When he looked up, he found himself touching Kirin and her breast. Luckily, she didn't seem to feel anything and couldn't see because her glasses were dropped.

"Agh!" yelled Milo in embarrassment, letting go as Kirin looked around cluelessly, "I didn't mean to! Really!"

Diablo felt something soft and squishy with his hand. When he looked up, he found himself touching Milo and his crotch.

"Aaaaaaaaaghh!" yelled Milo and Diablo at the same time as they stayed away from each other.

Kirin picked up her glasses and put them on, looking around to find Sona by the roadside. She was smiling and carrying the package with one hand.

"I got away from the mess quickly and took protected the package," she smiled innocently.

"Damn my Unlucky Scroll!" cried Diablo as he beat the ground with his fist, "If I don't have it targeting anyone, the unluckiness would be transferred to me instead!"

"Stop trying to grab other people's crotches!" yelled Milo in anger, ignoring what Diablo explained.

"Shut the hell up!" yelled Diablo back as he threw a rock at Milo, "You'd know if you'd listened!"

"Can't you just transfer the Unlucky Scroll to an object or something?" asked Kirin as she patted herself clean and stood up from the ground.

"I can only use the Unlucky Scroll on living organisms," answered Diablo as he stood up as well, "However, I don't really like putting bad luck on people just because it would rid me of the bad luck. It's better me than them, you know?"

"Alright," smiled Sona as she gave Diablo the package, "Now that we're done with that. Let's focus on the Frostern Mountains. We have a schedule to maintain after all!"

The group carried on with their Resonance mission to traverse the Frostern Mountains and driver the package to the Orc Tribe that resides there. With multiple hazards in their way, and the Frostern Mountains being known to be very dangerous at times, they had to concentrate very well. Falling to their death was prevalent, and they had to avoid that at all costs.