Chapter 16: His only escape

Start from the beginning

"And also I don't want this news to spread around that Ryan is going somewhere because if our rivals find out where we are going then probably they'll also find out why we went there...which will ultimately lead them straight to Vienna making her their new target to get back at Ryan..." I paused.

"So it's better if less people know about this trip" I continued.

"Okay I'll call Den right now" Michael said as he made some phonecalls and talked for a moment before hanging up.

"It's a bad news David" He said with a sigh.

"What" I asked as my eyebrows narrowed with concern.

God!

What more bad can happen now? We are already in a bad situation.

"We can't use our private jet right now...Den said that there are some technical issues with it" He replied with a sorry look.

"So just book some other flight's tickets. I guess you are not understanding this situation, we need to get there as soon as possible" I said as I rubbed my forehead a little.

"Yeah I did that but due to bad weather there are no flights to Canada before tonight. So as much as we try, we can't leave before mid night" He replied.

"And that means that we'll reach there by tomorrow" I said almost to myself as Michael just nodded and I felt like banging my head against a wall or something because that would be far more better then revealing this new information to Ryan.

I sighed before liting a cigarette.

"I don't know if I should be saying this or not but...I saw Vienna ma'am and Sir together while she was still here and it never seemed to me that they were having some issues...I mean the way she looked at him anyone could tell that she loves him..." He paused.

"And you were the one who told me that they have been together since high school days, then what was the problem? Why did she leave if she loved him?" He asked.

"Yeah it's true they both love each other but sometimes love is not enough" I replied.

"Love is what brings people together but sometimes it's the very thing that drives two people away from eachother. I get it...I understand why Vienna did what she did" I added leaning against the car we were standing by.

"Then why are you helping Sir bring her back if you believe that she's right" Michael asked confused.

"A. He doesn't needs my help to get her back. B. Even though he doesn't needs it but I'm still helping him because he is like a brother to me and most importantly because he needs her..." I paused.

"Ryan Knight is stuck in some sort of darkness and Vienna Green is his only ray of sunshine...his only ray of hope...light. She is his only escape" I continued.

"Whoa man do you write poems when you are not killing people" Michael said jokingly.

"Okay I'm sorry my bad. It was a bad joke" He added as I glared at him.

"Hey why don't you do one thing..." I said smirking as I waited for his reply.

"What" He asked looking at me suspiciously.

"Go to Ryan and inform him about this new problem that we have" I replied.

"What problem" He asked with a shrug.

"The delay in our trip to Canada" I replied and almost chuckled as I watched all the colour drain out of his face.

"No ways man. Who am I to tell him that he has to wait a little longer to meet his lady love, I'm just his driver plus bodyguard. It's your job to give him this information...after all you are his best friend" He said grinning.

"Why am I always the one to give him all the bad news" I asked shaking my head.

"Well these are just the perks of being the Mafia's best friend" He replied still grinning.

"Yeah right perks" I murmured sarcastically, rolling my eyes as I walked back inside towards Ryan's study to give him the news and witness a few more things breaking.

I guess by the time Vienna gets back here we'll have to renovate his entire study.

•••

Hey guys,

I know this chapter is a bit short and that's because I broke it into two parts since it was getting too lengthy.

But I'll probably update the next part by tomorrow or maybe the day after tomorrow.

Anyways,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

Love,

Crystal ❤️