Daddy issues to the max

Start from the beginning

Emile didn't say anything, sighing slightly. I don't think he's too happy with having to come along on family business. But I couldn't do this without him.

I forced myself to start the car again and drive into the neighborhood. It took a while considering how big this neighborhood is and how far apart the houses are spread, but eventually we reached the address Mr. Boduleir gave me.

He also said he called ahead to let my father know I'd be coming today. I don't know much about him except that his name is Spencer Alderidge, he's married and has four kids. Besides me.

I'm the bastard child. The mistake. The one he probably tried to forget about until recently. He's just another person who's life I've fucked up.

The house was huge. That was the first thing I noticed when I pulled into the driveway.  It was a huge white house with black accents.  Large windows and a big front porch.  A nicely manicured lawn and garden.  It had to be three stories. 

"This is gonna be difficult,"  I mumbled.

"I'll be right here the entire time,"  Emile told me.  "And if you want to leave at any point, we'll leave."

"Thanks,"  I whispered.  "For coming with me."

"It's okay,"  He said.  "It'll be okay."

"I hope so,"  I sighed, forcing myself to get out of the car. 

I walked up to the front door, Emile trailing behind me.  He slid his hand into mine as I rang the doorbell. 

A few seconds later, a man answered.  He looked kinda old but still good looking and healthy for his age.  Probably I'm his fifties.  He had dark back hair that was starting to grey, kind looking green eyes and a little scruff of a beard across his chin.  He was wearing fairly laid back clothes, jeans and a nice black t-shirt. 

Not was I was excepting.  I was thinking it'd be a Karen and a Chad with the perfect dynamic family.  A son and daughter, both cisgender and heterosexual. 

"I'm guessing you're Remy,"  He said in a low voice.  His voice also had a kind tint to it. 

"Yep, that's me,"  I answered, sliding my sunglasses onto my head.

"And who's this?"  He asked, looking behind me to Emile. 

"I'm Emile Picani,"  Emile introduced himself.  "I'm Remy's boyfriend."

"Oh,"  He said in a surprised voice.  "Well, you two come on in, and we'll have a discussion.  My name's Spencer Alderidge, if you didn't already know."

"I knew,"  I mumbled, following him inside.

The inside of the house looked like a modern rustic mouton lodge.  Lots of greys, white, black, blues and browns.  Faux fur and antlers.  A very aesthetic home.

We passed through the foyer with a huge marble staircase and down a hallway.  All along the hallway were picture.  A family of six and all looked happy. 

Spencer, since I refuse to refer to this man as my father or respect his authority in any way, opened a glass door that led into a very nice and expensive looking dinning room.