『XV』

Through a pair of dark, empty abyss;
A distortion have passed--
And then, there came a light...
- - -

In the midst of the silence that the vast darkness gave, a spark broke out from one of the candlelights; one that was situated at the center of another hundred others. And right after the spark, came the glistening remnants of mauve that fell from the flickering heat; gently dissipating into the air with embers that flew astray.

"It's starting to waver."

Heels clicked into the crystallized floor.

Reflecting poise and elegance.

Reflecting a sense of mystery.

One after another, remaining hidden, until a shadow emerged from the darkness and neared the large arcs of brilliant gold that illuminated the corners of the room.

Unable to immitate the seemingly sallow image of the figure besides their very own frame, the candles could only rest in their places, burning bright.

Flickering from time to time, melted wax pooling beneath its feet.

"It shouldn't be now... not yet..."

Chapter 15
Softly In Her Arms, A Bitter Rabbit

A pair of eyes meandered around--

Assessing...

Upon stepping into the open doorway, a spindly man dressed in a high-collared shirt worn beneath a beige vest, dark trousers and polished shoes, immediately stopped on his tracks and flashed a smile that speaks of clear flattery.

"So, Lord Phantomhive, what brings you to visit here?"

Ciel, with his hands clasped behind his back, and his back directed towards the one who had just spoken, haven't budge an inch on his position as he overlooked the buzzling streets beyond the other side of the window from the upper floor.

At least, it took him a moment of silence to deliver a kind of response. Gradually, after a few lingering seconds of being on his own, his arms fell back to his side and he looked past his shoulder before saying;

"Shouldn't I do so?"

The young earl didn't bother hiding the distaste in his voice to the other, turning his body entirely facing towards him. Seeing what he'd expect of the man's actions-- hands placed to his chest in a subservient way, lips curled up as a sign of casual overconfidence;

His brow quirked.

"Well, it took me by surprise to hear your sudden arrival. I wasn't expecting any guests--"

Ciel almost stifled a laugh in regards to his remark. Indeed, an air of casual overconfidence surrounded the man standing in front of him. Too optimistic to appear so late by his presence. Too insouciant.

"Do you prefer not these kinds of surprises? I was definitely aware that my position would be enough to announce my exemption for this."

Assessing...

The grin on the man's face remained inattentive, unchanging, giving Ciel the impression of his lack of discernment to the situation where they were currently at. His presence enough was able to evoke gloom to shroud the boy's features, the irritation inside of him brewing once again despite the fact that the other was only still on his feet.