『I』

Blooming, the red fruit ripens-
Withered, the roses turns tainted-
The inevitable and the fated,
Tied were the threads of the future.
- - -

The relentless, heavy rain fell down the gloomy streets of London, showing no mercy to those who were deprived by the comfort of a roof. As soon as it graced the ground with its presence, many immediately ran to take the nearest cover. The unfortunate, however, were left exposed in the sky. They embraced the cold as if submitting to their pitiful fate, eyes hollow of any hope.

A woman watched from afar with a distant stare, her feelings already too numb to be bothered by each cruel drops of water hitting her pale, delicate skin. She stood there, all alone and allowed the rain to fall over her, waiting for it to wash away the pain that was gradually devouring her whole being.

But as soon as the woman realized what was to come next, she dashed towards the place where everything came to an end once. And on that moment, fate decided to weave the beginning...

Chapter 1
Within The Rain, Calls The Sound Of Beginning

28th of August, 1889

Morning came with a peaceful breeze, bathing the land in another glorious light. The day would seem like it was freed of another storm, as if the time would go by without any disruption. However, despite the tranquility that the morning gave, there is no denial to the fact that the Phantomhive Manor is in absolute chaos.

Left and right, the occasional sounds of explosion, shattering of glass and screams of terror resonates once again. Even though they should had been used to it by now, the birds that perched above the neighboring trees cannot help themselves but feel irritated. And so, without waiting for the wrath of a certain midget, they flapped their wings and left.

Coincidentally, the person that was mentioned not so long ago appeared in the presence of the three who caused the morning ruckus. He, who had just woken up from a dreadful sleep, looked anything but amused.

So, as usual, they received quite an earful.

After that, Ciel went back to his study room, letting out a deep sigh as soon as he closed the door behind him. Immediately, his gaze fell towards the few piles of paperwork laid neatly on the table. Although it is not as many as he usually have, it doesn't really ease the displeasure in his face, especially seeing them so early in the morning.

Just as he took his seat, Sebastian stood at his side while serving a fresh cup of tea. He placed it at the center of the table, waiting silently for his young master's orders.

"I assume that you have finished cleaning up?" Ciel said after taking a sip of his tea. With a close-eyed smile, Sebastian simply replied. "Of course."

"And those idiots?"

"I sent them to manage a few, easier chores, given that they had failed once again."

Ciel didn't even spare a moment to rub the bridge of his nose in utter aggravation. Instead, he only nodded once, busy analyzing the contents of his paperworks.

At the same time, a soft knock caught the attention of the two. While Ciel waited from his seat, Sebastian walked towards the door. A few moments later, the dark-haired butler returned with a letter at hand. He gave it to his master, and went back to stand at his previous position.

Ciel examined its appearance, his gaze immediately coming across the seal that was binding the envelope closed. After attempting to recall the symbol from his memories, confusion became evident in his features.