『VII』

Chapter 7
Falling Cold, A Trembling Sigh

Outside, the Phantomhive servant lined up as they witnessed their young master's eventual departure. Ciel was to visit his townhouse in London, in order to determine the cause of a certain trouble that had taken place the day before, and see the damages yet to be discovered by himself, since his butler was too indefinite of the details.

"I trust that, even for once, you will take care of my manor efficiently." Ciel stated with an underlying tone, as if silently 'asking' his servants NOT TO reduce his estate to rubble, again.

"Definitely, young master!" Finny answered with a large smile on his face, something that didn't really convinced the young earl. After all, many years have already passed since they have began to serve him, but no days were spared by their failures.

Ever.

Still, he nodded and looked at a specific elderly man that was clad in a black, sophisticated suit, standing beside them as well. "We'll be taking Snake with us. For the mean time, you are in charge of providing their duties for the day, Tanaka."

"Most certainly." The Phantomhive's house steward replied. And right afterwards, his appearance instantly depleted into a simplified form of his former stature, followed by his signature lines of ho ho ho!

Turning his back to the servants, he was about to make his way to the vehicle when suddenly, he stopped and peered over his shoulder. "Also, I want you to watch over our guest. Do everything necessary to treat her illness. Understood?"

"Yes, my lord!" They chorused quite nervous, yet also happy about his orders. After all, the servants already like the woman with a shy demeanor, even if it had only been a few days or weeks since she had awoken and befriended them, of sorts.

Same as the other, each of them couldn't exactly define what they felt. Something about her disposition radiates ease and trustworthiness. And so, despite Sebastian's strict instructions of being careful around their mysterious guest, the three already accepted their new companion and warmed up to her.

With that said, the young earl climbed inside the carriage and half-heartedly bid his servants farewell, with Snake as the coachman, and Sebastian as his company, much to his dismay. By the signal of the lashing whip, the horses galloped away from the grounds of the Phantomhive Estate, onwards to their rightful destination.

Left to their own accords, the servants faced each other and nodded in mutual determination, which was, in all honesty, an adorable act on their part. Punching their fists above in the air, they dispersed to their assigned areas and began their tasks.

- - -

The day went on with taking care of both the manor and their bed-ridden guest. Elvilya, whose illness had taken no rest for the last 24 hours, remained in her chambers all the time, all alone.

As soon as she woke up, she pondered about the young earl's whereabouts. Surprisingly, even Sebastian, who was supposed to check up on her later that day. Upon further thought, knowing that a few yet enough hours have gone by, he might've already did so when she was still off and asleep; a kind of gesture that she was somewhat thankful of.

Wincing at the pain from the tiniest bit of her movements, she turned her head towards the window and sighed, the outside unable to be seen due to being concealed by the pastel-silk curtains.