𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 | 𝑩𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 |

Start from the beginning

"Alright. So, I was walking through the snowy north, it was freezing, I'm telling you if Snowfoot hadn't found me I would have died up there,"

"You never told me how that happened either,"

"Didn't I?" Imira was sure she had told someone. Maybe it had been James. Or Darren. Or Maxwell. "Huh. Well long story short, it was late at night and I couldn't find a place to rest so I just kept walking, and, of course, I didn't see this rock on the path, I tripped and started sliding down the side of the mountain. I must have hit my head because the next thing I know I'm being dragged through the snow by a huge St. Bernard, Snowfoot."

"Ah,"

"Exactly. He took me to his home, gave me some warm tea and something to eat, and allowed me to spend the night. I, of course, told him of my mission and he, very bravely, offered to help,"

"That was nice of him,"

"It was. So it's the next morning, right? We are minding our business and I'm telling him about Datram and how he can return with me and live there and suddenly Snowfoot tells me something's wrong. So he goes ahead to investigate, gets caught in a trap, and ends up hanging from a tree. I rush to help him but I trigger another trap and end up on a net myself,"

"Oh, shit. What did you do?" Peter asked. By this point, almost everyone had stopped their conversations to listen in of the Queen recounting her adventures north.

"I tried to get away, of course. But it was so painful, the net was made of chains so cutting through it was impossible and moving only made it worse. Jump ahead to a few hours later and this hag has us tied up inside and is planning to turn us is to the witch,"

"She worked for her?!"

"Almost everyone did back then," Imira explains. "So she's about to use her magic or whatever it is she's got to let the witch know, and she's telling us about it, happily bragging about her plan and how the witch's gonna reward her, stupid hag, so of course I'm trying to come up with a plan or we're both going to end up dead. I figure out best chance is to change her focus from informing the witch to killing us herself because then I can fight her and at least get a shot at freedom. I mean, had the witch found out then about my plans everything would have gone to hell. So, I start to insult her and it works, she declares she's just going to kill us herself and tell the witch later,"

"They always fall for that," Peter says.

"They really are stupid like that. So, she comes up to me and slaps me and I am about to headbutt her but then, somehow, Snowfoot has managed to break free. He launches himself at her and wrestles her to the ground,"

"And what did you do?"

"I get up as fast as I can and manage to get to where she's keeping my weapons. I grab a dagger but when I turn back to help Snowfoot has managed to kill the hag,"

"You mean like.."

"He ripped her face, yes," Imira says.

"Ah, that must have hurt,"

"It sure sounded like it. And it was not a pretty sight. But, hey, she deserved it. I owed him my life after that,"

"He was a true hero," Peter said. "So what happened next?"

"Then we headed north and reached the mine of a group of black dwarves. They appeared to be friendly at first, so we accepted their invitation to spend the night there, but later on that night we overheard them discussing how they were going to give us up to the witch,"

"Are you serious?"

"I'm afraid so. It's like no one had an original plan," Imira complained.

"So what did you do?"