Chapter 29

I find myself taking out my anger on the training dummies in the home gym. I have been training extra this morning, yesterday's confrontation at the compound really got to me. I stayed longer than normal, enjoying the peace of the morning. Marcus walked in after I had just managed to take the head off one of the dummies.

"Anna?"

"Yes, Marcus?"

"How are you this morning kitten?"

"Fine, you?"

"I missed sleeping with you last night, but I'm ok."

I nodded in acknowledgment, "how's Pyro?"

"Still on bed rest. He has several broken ribs, a broken nose, a couple of black eyes and your three stab wounds. Kitten, there's a mafia ball tonight that I need to attend and I want you to come with me. Tylor is going to take you shopping so that you can get your gown."

"When are we going?"

"After breakfast."

"I'm not hungry. Tell Tylor to eat now while I shower and then we can go when I'm dressed."

"Sure kitten. Kitten, I'm sorry for what happened yesterday."

I nodded at him again.

"I love you kitten."

"I love you too. Now, if you'll excuse me Marcus, I have to get ready."

*

I was finally ready for the ball

I was finally ready for the ball. It had taken me all day after I had finally gotten home from shopping, I was going to have lunch but the smell of food made me feel sick, so I skipped it and just went upstairs to have a nice soaking bath, followed by doing my hair, makeup and finally putting my dress on. I walked out of my room and down the hallway. I came to the stairs and saw Marcus, his parents, Alexander, Cole, and Tylor all standing there talking. I started down the stairs when Tylor looked up and saw me.

"Wow Anna, you look incredible!" I smiled as I watched Marcus turn around and looked at me. His jaw dropped and he just stood there staring at me. Alexander nudged him.

He stood forward "Wow kitten, you look absolutely stunning."

"Thank you. Shall we get going?"

"Of course, kitten,just remember to stay with me tonight, I know everyone is going to be lookingat you, and I don't want anyone thinking they can steal you away from me," he says winking.

*

We arrived at the ball and stepped out onto a red carpet, with paparazzi everywhere. I waited in the car until Marcus opened the door for me and he took my hand in his. We stepped onto the carpet and the questions were flying.

"Marcus, who is this?"

"Marcus, is this your girlfriend?"

"Marcus, who did you bring tonight?"