3

Hyunjin and Seungmin had seen part of the show between their four friends and neither of them was exactly in a calm state of mind at that point. Seungmin was already having issues and trying to keep himself centered. Hyunjin had started looking for his mystery girl, leaving Seungmin sitting with the two couples and Changbin who finally showed up.

Hyunjin fished his phone out of his pocket and shot a quick message to Ayako.

He took a good look at the picture then started looking around the club, trying to get an idea where she might have taken it from

---

After Hyunjin wandered off without a word, Changbin shook his head and asked Seungmin, "Another one?" with a smirk.

Seungmin felt the need to defend Hyunjin, even though this little game was getting painful for himself. "He says she seems like a really nice girl. Who knows? They might hit it off." The fake smile at the end of his statement didn't go unnoticed by his friend.

"Why don't you just tell him?" Changbin asked.

"It's not what he wants. He's not ready to hear it yet. I don't really know if he ever will be," Seungmin sighed in response, knowing it was useless to keep up the act with Changbin. He paid more attention than most to the real effects of this little war Hyunjin was having with himself.

---

Hyunjin found a spot by the bar that looked right and started wandering. Before long, he saw a familiar face. He watched her for a minute before finally deciding that it might be her. He didn't want to make a total idiot of himself, so he moved so that he was approaching from in front of her. "Ayako?" he asked when he reached her.

She perked up one brow and narrowed her eyes. "You look vaguely familiar..." she accused.

"Well, you did just see a picture of me this afternoon," he grinned. "Come on... don't be mean. You're Ayako, yeah?" he asked again.

She smiled and nodded. Hyunjin smiled back to her and reached for her hand. "Nice to meet you, Ayako. I'm Hyunjin," he grinned as he introduced himself. "I think I owe you a drink. What are you having?"

"Patron Silver Tropical Mojito," she rattled off. Hyunjin laughed and turned to order her drink. They sat at the bar and talked for a few minutes, getting to know a bit about each other.

Hyunjin asked, "Would you like to meet my friends?"

Ayako looked around for Tae, who had totally disappeared when they got there, finding some hottie he had met a few weeks before. She shrugged, figuring he would eventually message her. "Sure," she smiled. Hyunjin took her hand and led her back through the crowd, hoping with all he was that the make-out session was over by the time he got her over there. He sighed in relief when he saw everyone sitting in the booth.

He led her up to his friends and introduced her. "Hey guys, this is Ayako. I met her here a couple of weeks ago. Cool if she hangs out?" he asked.

The group agreed, greeting her and bringing her into the booth. Hyunjin slid into the booth next Seungmin with Ayako on the other side of him. Seungmin stiffened and tried to put just a little space between himself and Hyunjin but found that landed him right up against Changbin. The booth was shrinking, he was sure of it.

Ayako suddenly grabbed Hyunjin's hand and leaned in close to his ear. "I owe you a dance," she giggled as she rattled her nearly empty glass. She pulled him out of the seat, noticing a change in his behavior like he had to switch something on. When they moved to the dance floor, Hyunjin moved in close to her and gripped her tightly, moving in time with the music. It was a slow, rhythmic track that begged the couples out on the floor. As they danced, he kept eye contact with her, effectively teasing the hell out of her as he moved his body in ways that only a dancer can. He suddenly spun her so that her back was to him and pulled her back close to him.

Hyunjin whispered against her ear, "You're a great dancer." She shivered and wondered where this guy had come from because he was a complete boy scout when they were sitting at the bar. Eventually, he spun her back around, dancing and moving together. His hair was already getting a little damp from the heat of the floor and the way he moved. It only made him look sexier. As the song came to an end, he pulled away and led her back to the booth, switching gears as quickly as he had when they walked out onto the floor. Ayako was genuinely confused by his behavior. She attempted to chat with him a bit but got a strange feeling that he just wasn't interested in talking. Great...she had found herself a full-on fuckboi. He didn't really want to know anything about her. He didn't tell her anything about himself. In fact, she knew more about the people he came with based on their only conversation. If he was looking for a one night stand, he was looking in the wrong place.

When they slipped back into the booth, Ayako leaned into the table and reached in front of Hyunjin to greet Seungmin. He gave her an odd smile and took her hand, introducing himself. He made sure to include the fact that he was Hyunjin's best friend. She continued around the table, making small talk with everyone and Seungmin took the opportunity to just chat with Hyunjin a bit. Finally, Felix scanned the table and with a perplexed look asked, "Where is Jeongin?" Everyone looked around, realizing that the generally quiet boy had vanished. Chan pulled out his phone and messaged Jeongin, asking him where he took off to, Chan's big brother instincts kicking into high gear.

Jeongin didn't answer, so Chan decided he'd take a look around. He was a little skittish ever since the night he met Amy, when someone spiked her drink. Now that he knew it was a danger and not just a hypothetical threat, he kept an eye on everyone. Felix volunteered to go with him, as did Changbin. Seungmin, Hyunjin and the girls agreed to stay put in case he came back. The three of them set up a basic search area and separated. Changbin searched around the bar area and near the doors. Felix waded through the dance floor, and Chan roamed around the outside of the floor, checking the hallways and bathrooms. After twenty minutes, Chan was starting to actually get worried. Then his phone vibrated in his pocket. He picked up and nearly yelled, "Where the hell are you?"

"Jeez! Calm down. I saw a girl from school, and we were dancing, then we just sat down to talk," Jeongin barked.

"Oi! You nearly gave me a heart attack. You know what happened to Aims here," Chan complained.

"Yeah. Sorry, bro. But I am a grown man, you know," Jeongin whined.

"Just barely, and I don't care. Don't do that shit," Chan grumbled. "Just, don't take off without telling somebody, okay? I tell everybody the same thing. It's not just me being overprotective of you."

"No. You're overprotective of everybody! Okay, byeeee!" Jeongin laughed and hung up. Chan rolled his eyes then messaged the other guys to tell them he had talked to Jeongin and that they could head back to the table.