Chapter 27

Time jump 9 months

McKenzie is now 9 months old and can't wait to start walking. She tries so hard all the time. It's the beginning of September now and Regina is about to start to her teaching job at Storybrooke elementary. She's starting out with the kindergarten class. Which is great because sometimes she can bring the baby. I'm still a deputy at the sheriffs department. Regina won't tell my the truth but I don't think she likes me working in law enforcement. I can understand, but our crime rate is the lowest here than anywhere else in the state. As I playing in the living room with our daughter Regina comes stomping in. "Emma Swan what the hell is this?"   At first I have no idea what shes talking about till she shows me the paper she's holding in her hand. "It's no big deal babe I was gonna tell you".    "When were you going to tell me about you winning a medal of courage award, after the ceremony?"   "No babe I'm sorry. Please come here".  I hold out my hand so she can join me and Mac on the floor.   "I just didn't think it was that big of a deal. I found out about it this afternoon and I probably would have told you tonight at dinner".  "Not that big of a deal?  Sweetheart you saved a young boy that was trapped in a mine shaft. Emma that takes a lot of courage my love".   "Yeah I know but I don't like when all the focus is on me".   "Well this time it's well deserved and besides you'll have to wear your full uniform to the ceremony".  She says with a smile and a lick of her lips. I hold onto her hands. "Why do I think you like that part more than anything else?"   "Maybe because I do my love. You always look so sexy in full uniform".  She has a big smile on her face and leans in to kiss me and it's a passionate kiss. The kiss didn't last long because the baby crawled up between us and wanted some attention. "Mama and I are sorry baby girl".  Regina says as she picks her up and puts her on her lap. She kisses her on the top of her head and I smile at the interaction. We hear the oven timer go off and Regina says it's time for dinner. She hands Mac over to me and asks me to set her up in her highchair as she walks into the kitchen. A few minutes later I have our daughter all set up for her dinner and Regina comes walking in with our plates. As she puts them down on the table my mouth waters just looking at them. "Babe this looks delicious".   "Thank you dear. I made a baked stuffed chicken breast with some cheesy spinach risotto and oven roasted vegetables".   "Well it looks amazing".   "I hope you definitely enjoy the risotto. I made sure to put extra mushrooms in it just for you".  She said that just as I was about to take a bite of the risotto. "There are mushrooms in this?"   "Yes I know how much you love them dear".   "Babe I'm sorry but I absolutely hate mushrooms. Please don't be mad if I don't eat this".   "Emma I worked hard on this dinner for us now you don't want to eat it. Fine I don't care. From now on you can make yourself grilled cheese sandwiches every night for all I care. I'll make sure my daughter and I eat".  She says as she take a bite of the risotto. "Regina I'm sorry. I just really hate mushrooms. Everything else looks wonderful".   Nothing. She's silent as she eats. About 30 seconds later I see a little smirk and I small smile on her face.  "Ok what did I miss, what's will the smile?"   "I'm sorry dear I'm just messing with you. I know you can't stand mushrooms and there are none in this. It's ok to eat my love".   "That's not very nice Regina. I'm not sure if I should trust you".   "I promise my love I wouldn't do that to you. If you don't believe me take it to the crime lab tomorrow and have it analyzed".  "Alright I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt".  I say as I take a very small bite of my food. She chuckles a bit and I just shake my head. After that, dinner was fine although I was a little hesitant every time I took a bite of the risotto. Later that night after we put McKenzie to bed we snuggled up on the couch and watched some tv. "I'm sorry for playing that cruel joke on you at dinner my love. I just couldn't resist".   "Well your lucky I love you so I guess I can forgive you".  She gives me a kiss and lays her head on my chest and we continue to watch tv. Before the end of the night we ended up watching the rom/com "50 first dates".   I had never seen it before and I actually liked it a lot. When the movie was over we shut of everything and made sure everything was locked up. We checked an our daughter and got ready for bed. As we were holding each other in bed I just had to start a conversation that probably shouldn't have started at 11:30 at night. "Babe can I ask you something?"   "Of course darling what is it?"   "Please don't hate me for asking this but to you regret anything about how we came to be?"   She turns on the light on her nightstand and quickly faces me. "Emma why would you ask me something like that?  Do you think I've just been lying about my feelings this whole time?"   "No babe I swear. It's just watching that movie got me thinking. Every day that young woman woke up not knowing anything and the guy loved her so much that he went through the same thing everyday to prove his love to this woman and he didn't seem to regret anything. That's the only reason I asked".   "Emma that's not an easy answer. No I don't regret being with you because I love the life we have built together, but I do regret the things I put you through.  What about you, are you having second thoughts?"   "Oh my god no. Never Regina. I swear. I would go through all that pain again just to end up with you by my side".  She gives me a deep kiss.  "Do you have any more questions my love?"   I think for a moment wondering if I should ask my next question.  "Your silence makes me think you do have a question dear, so please ask".   I give her a gentle kiss and look deep into her eyes. "This may sound silly but Mrs Regina Swan will you marry me?"   "My love we are already married".  "I know Regina but I'd really like to remember this one.  I'd like to have our first dance and maybe even include some of our family and friends this time. Plus I really think it's time we have a honeymoon".   "I think your right my love. Yes I will definitely marry you Mrs. swan and hopefully when we have our wedding McKenzie will be walking and she can be our little flower girl".   "Oh babe I would love that so much. Can we start planning it tomorrow since neither one of us has to work?"    "Sure my love I think that would be wonderful".  She gives me a kiss and we snuggled together and eventually fell asleep.