Chapter 9

[3rd Person POV]

It had only been a few days since the Infinity Train had died along with The Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku.

Inosuke and Zenitsu have been up and about and had resumed training whilst Tanjiro Kamado took a big hit from the past mission.

The eldest Kamado slumped in his own bed at the Medical Ward, sometimes crying, most of the time reminiscing the small time he had been with the Flame Hashira.

Meanwhile, Y/N sat in the middle of the training area, where Aoi, Shinobu, Kanao, Zenitsu, Inosuke, and the 3 Butterfly children watched him receive his new Nichirin Sword.

Y/N is the earliest to get back into training among the 4 youngsters, having only took 1 day to fully recover and resume training.

Mitsuri Kanroji, accompanied by a reluctant Iguro Obanai, went to the Butterfly Estate after they had just arrived from their mission, Mitsuri was crying ghibli tears thinking that Y/N's lost, and that they can't find him, only to see that he's sleeping in the medical ward, curled up and the blanket covering his entire body besides his masked face, kinda like a baby's.

Shinobu and Aoi had to escort Mitsuri out nicely since they still needed to rest from the mission, all the while explaining things to them.

Y/N also used an empty sack to cover his face as he salvaged his broken armor pieces.

He has the facial part of his helmet now to cover his face, it is tied by a piece of string.

And ever since he was back to normal, he began to wore the Demon Slayer Uniform, though, he always messes up in buttoning it and tidying it up, and either Aoi or the Butterfly children had to tell him how to do it properly.

They did this numerous times until they became irritated by continuously telling Y/N how to do it, only for him to forget about it seconds later, so they just decided to do the buttoning and tidying up of the uniform for him.

Right now, Y/N isn't really sure what's happening...

Why are they gathered? Who's this person in front of him? Wow, that's a unique-looking mask...

"You're about to receive your Nichirin Sword, Y/N."
Aoi informed the boy whilst facepalming as Y/N nodded.

He was given his sword soon, to which he took it off it's sheath and inspected the blade.

Interestingly enough, the blade didn't have any color to it, it just remained the same.

"Huh? That's quite weird..."
Said Zenitsu.

"HAHAHAHA! THAT JUST MEANS THAT THIS GUY'S WEAK!"
Yelled Inosuke with triumph in his voice.

Y/N didn't really understand, but he just put it back in his sheath and bowed down to the swordsmith, obviously grateful for the sword he received.

The swordsmith, whilst wanting to see what color the sword changes to be, only to be disappointed, found it hard to be mad at Y/N, this boyo is so polite and respectful.

"I will...make sure to use the swors up to it's f-full potential."
Y/N said whilst bowed down.

The swordsmith nodded and prepared his things, so,that he can leave.

Once the swordsmith left the Estate, he was congratulated.

"Congratulations on receiving your Nichirin Sword, Y/N."
Shinobu clapped her hands along with everybody else, except Inosuke and Kanao.

"T-Thank you for everything."
Y/N, still bowed, showed his gratitude.

"You can thank us by doing good work."
Said Aoi with her usual expression and her arms crossed.