Chapter 6

*3rd Person POV*

"I've tried so hard and yet....I haven't been able to convince him to take off the mask."

Mitsuri Kanroji narrated like a problematic drunkard whilst Iguro sweatdropped in a corner.

It was currently their 2nd day in the demon-infested village. Mitsuri made it her mission to see what Y/N looks like under his mask. She can already see his E/C eyes because of the new outfit, but the rest of his face remains a mystery.

She's tried everything. From giving him food to see him eat, only to get blocked by Y/N's crow. To resorting on being a peeping Tom had Iguro not stopped her and told her that it was wrong.

Her intentions are pure, she just doesn't realize what her actions are showing sometimes.

And as always, Iguro Obanai is deathly jealous of Y/N. He has Mitsuri's full attention and he doesn't even need to speak.

Atleast Mitsuri doesn't have any romantic feelings for him. Just pure curiosity.

It kinda helps Iguro to cope knowing that.

Y/N is currently training somewhere...practising his unique breath style and trying to make a combination for the Thunder breathing and Shadow Breathing.

By currently training somewhere I meant he got lost and just decided to train there since it'll take too much of his time if he tried to find a way back and posdibly get him even more lost.

The shadow he implanted in Tanjiro's eyes hasn't been activated yet, which is strange since the Infinity Train's known for causing 40 people to go missing in days.

Now that he thought of it...he should've suggested to go with them.

There's this weird feeling in his gut that something bad is about to happen...

"I wonder if Nezuko's okay..."

He wonders as he can imagine a scene of the little demon chasing his shadows around like a curious child.

The ninja sat down to rest as he pulled out a rice ball that he bought in the village. He was still bummed out about losing the rice balls that Kiyo, Naho, and Sumi made and he knows buying one isn't gonna be the same as what they made.

He thinks it's about time he goes back, though Mitsuri and Iguro probably won't care if he's lost, they both dislike him anyway.

*Meanwhile...*

"Ah! Where's Y/N san?! I feel like I scared him away due to how I was trying to see his face!"

"Probably better that he's gone..." Iguro muttered which has gone unheard by Kanroji.

"What do I dooooo???? Oh! This stress is bad for me!"
She ruffled her own hair and stomped her foot childishly to show her frustration.

Iguro tried to calm down Mitsuri by giving her some mochi that he bought earlier, Kaburamaru also slithered on her shoulder and laid there to which Mitsuri found adorable.

But despite the snake and the snake pillar's efforts, Mitsuri still worries over their lost friend.

"What if he suddenly got attacked?! What if he tripped on a rock and broke his ankle?! What if he...."

"...."

"WHAT IF HE FELL INTO A HOLE WITH NO ONE TO HELP HIM?!?!"

Iguro just took in how cute she looks even when worried...ignoring the fact that she's getting worried over a kid.

He believes that Y/N's powerful and highly capable of handling himself. Though he might never admit it, he sees that much about the Young slayer already.

"We have to find hi-"

*rustle rustle*

*Poof*

"....."(Mitsuri)

"....."(Iguro)

"....."(Y/N)

"Ah! You're okay!!!!"

Mitsuri rushed to Y/N and held both of his hands as Iguro looked on with jealousy.

"Are you hurt anywhere?! I can help if you are! Right, Iguro san?!"

Iguro: *nods*

But as soon as Mitsuri turned to Y/N, Iguro gestured the "You're dead." gesture to Y/N to which he didn't understand.

Y/N just kinda tilted his head? And made himself unintentionally adorable.

"Kya!! You're just like a child!"

She patted the ninja's head...Y/N is again, indifferent to it, but wonders why this is a thing.

"S-sorry...I got lost..."
He spoke with his ever so soft voice.

It really caught the two pillars off guard...

"Y/N san..."

"???"

"How old are you?"

"15..."

"He's just older than Muichiro kun, Iguro san..."

"..."

Iguro feels stupid that he's jealous over a kid...no way Mitsuri is gonna choose someone so young, right?

((Tanjiro: Imma end this man's whole career XD))

Y/N isn't really sure about what's making them so shocked, so he just walked away.

Even with his refined senses, he's super bad at reading situations except for combat ones.

He is aware that he's bad at reading situations though. It's one of the reasons he doesn't like to interact with people most of the time.

That and they all run away at the sight of him...dis lonely boy just needs patient friends to help him understand.

He sighed knowing the idea of someone wanting to be friends with him is moot.

"Waaaaaiiit!!!"

He turned to see Mitsuri catching up to him with Iguro in tow.

"Don't just suddenly disappear again!"

'What? But I literally just walked away right in front of you??' Y/N thought as he found it confusing on why he's being scolded.

"We're in this together, so we stick together!" she grabbed his and Iguro's hands as they took a walk in the fairly large village.

Alot of things were pointed out by Mitsuri and she also lectured Y/N about human interaction and how it isn't right to suddenly just go "Poof!".

Y/N only half-listened and didn't fight much and just let himself get dragged while Iguro blushed at contact, only to get jealous once he finds out Y/N's being held too.

Kaburamaru sweat drops at Iguro's mood swings...

The 3 continued their walk across the village, completely unaware of the friendship they have started...a friendship that would prove to be one of the best...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Like...I see these 3 becoming great friends??

So now they're gonna become friends!
-Mod Ibuki