Prologue

*3rd Person POV*

Fresh scent of blood intertwined with the smell of fresh air on this night...

The sounds of blade meeting flesh and screams of desperation rang throughout the area, but those screams were all in vain as it was quickly silenced.

A lone figure stood victorious whilst surrounded by many corpses of demons separated from their heads.

The blood on his blade dripping down continuously thus creating a small puddle.

Despite the horrific scene, one was foolish enough to attack the figure in a futile attempt to kill.

The demon was quickly dispatched by a shadow that emerged from the ground.

Seeing as the whole area is cleared out, the drawn blades slowly withdrew and sheathed itself under the arm-braces, then the figure continued on his journey to nothing.

The figure avoided any cities or estates he would come across since every demon and slayers alike dreams of killing him.

It was in the demon's nature to kill humans, though the slayers...they thought himself to be a demon, and due to this misunderstanding it branded him as a target.

This figure is Y/N L/N...a wanderer from a land long destroyed, though relentless against demons, he is merciful when it comes to humans and slayers, Muzan, using his extreme manipulation, branded him as one of the upper moon demons that is yet to be found.

Since then, people nicknamed him "Shadow Demon" because of his obvious power over the shadows.

And because of those same people, the news reached the hashiras, a group of powerful slayers that were trained to the death, just like him.

He knows of the hashira, but has yet to make contact with them, they also made no efforts in trying to find him.

After a few kilometers of walking, Y/N stopped by at a nearby tree and sat down, s well needed rest after a long day of walking and slaying demons.

Muzan Kibutsuji's turning of humans to demons has recently increased, which is quite troublesome.

The demons were set out to find him, unsurprisingly, Muzan's hellbent on devouring him, since by doing so, he is able to acquire, Y/N's capabilities, he believes that Y/N's abilities would grant him immunity to the sun.

The demonic Michael Jackson has met the edgelord ninja a couple of times already, and they had also fought, Muzan won most of them, but before he could deal a killing blow, Y/N had already disappeared, which greatly infuriated the demon since it affected his pride and sense of "perfection"

Which is something Y/N wants for Muzan to eventually mess up, and for Y/N to have time in perfecting his ultimate technique.

Y/N bowed his head to rest, his guard was still up and he was prepared to enter combat at any given moment.

That's when he heard the bush rustling...

His head shot up and stared directly at said bush...

The rustling soon became violent and Y/N, despite not feeling any malicious intent, stood on one knee, just in case.

After some time, it was finally revealed.