Chapter 5

*3rd Person POV*

"....."

A day has passed since their initial arrival on the village, the past might was uneventful, but Y/N hopes tonight it might change...

So...sitting on a roof all alone at night makes for a good demon trap.

Obanai was really persuasive with his suggestion about taking Kanroji with him so they could watch over the unsupervised areas.

Y/N could tell it was just some sort of plan to keep him away from them, he just doesn't understand why...and by the looks of it, Kanroji didn't even know about their plan until Iguro told them.

They went with the plan with Mitsuri wishing Y/N "Good luck and take care" while it heavily riled up the Snake Pillar.

Now he's back to being all alone, he kinda misses being at the Butterfly estate where it's lively there.

"*sigh*"

How is he supposed to work with the other pillars if they can't even help but hate him?

The young ninja watched the villagers fumble around, he could faintly hear them talking about Y/N and why was the "Shadow Demon" helping the demon slayers.

This is another part of the outisde world that Y/N hates so much, people are so easily stirred by rumors that correcting them has become such a chore to do.

No matter how many good deeds you do, it will go unnoticed just by one simple thing.

But atleast there're people like Tanjiro, Shinobu, Mitsuri, and Nezuko...

Sure most of them might've been hostile to him at first, but they soon picked up on his mannerisms that might led to him to be human.

Nezuko's probably the only who never tried to attack him out of spite or is afraid of him. She only ever tried to attack once since Y/N kicked his brother in the face.

Then there're those 3 innocent children who isn't the least bit scared of him and even looks up to him as some sort of big brother.

Oh...that right....they packed him some snacks.

Y/N reached to the small bag he was carrying and pulled out the box that was used to carry the rice balls those children gave him.

He opened to see it full of them and each with their own design. Y/N could sense who made which piece and most of them was decorated by Kiyo.

He pulled down his mask until it fully exposed his mouth, and then he began to nibble on a piece.

It was delicious...much better than the ones from the udon stall.

While he was eating, his mind also began to think about the stuff he's noticed so far.

Like...despite always having a smile...his mentor, Shinobu Kocho...is in a near constant-state of anger...

Not only that, but he could smell and feel the lethal poison coursing through her body...he could tell that it was concentrated Wisteria-based poison, though the dosage is higher than the amount she usually coats on her modified katana.

Probably 70 times more lethal, Y/N thought to himself.

There probably has to be a reason as to why she does this to herself.

Y/N only knows 1 person...or in this case, demon, who has the abilities to create antibodies in such a short time...

The Upper Moon 2...otherwise known as Douma.

The boy's opinion on the demon is quite...lighter than how he feels with the rest of em'

They only met twice and everytime they did meet was a recipe for disaster.