Kimetsu Gakuen AU #3

[3rd Person POV]

"What were you doing?"

"......"

Y/N sat on a bed in the infirmary as he's currently being tended to by Shinobu, Nezuko sitting beside him as it happened.

The boy knew he did something reckless and he could only look down on the floor with a slightly sad gaze.

The sight made Shinobu sigh, she can't handle that look on his face.

"Y/N. Tell me what happened."

He looked up to one of the people he sees as an older sister and nodded.

"It....was during recess...N-Nezuko and I were heading to the cafeteria."

[FLASHBACK]

"Remember to pass your homeworks tomorrow or I'll have your butts in a platter!"
Sanemi Shinazugawa threatened with a menacing gaze as the students quickly replied with a "Yes, sir!"

Recess time had just started, Nezuko tapped Y/N and pointed to the hallway that leads to the cafeteria.

Y/N stood up and walked beside her as to not get lost, Nezuko was  walking happily while bobbing her head side-to-side and humming.

As expected, the cafeteria is packed with students from their grade, and they all had little groups to eat with.

Nezuko and Y/N get offered to sit with others often, but both would rather sit with each other.

They both ordered something small for recess since there's still lunch time.

Y/N got a small egg sandwich and Nezuko an orange juice since she packs bread from their bakery.

For two people that's really close, they don't really talk much, they just enjoy the other's presence and company.

Though today, Nezuko seems to want to talk.

"Are you alright with eating something light, Y/N kun??"

Y/N nodded and continued to eat.

It may not he obvious, but he likes to hear Nezuko's voice, Sure, he has mastered the understanding of the "Bread Nezuko language", but he would prefer her voice anyday.

Hearing her talk is as rare as Y/N taking off his sunglasses and mask.

"Hmm....May I see your eyes?"
She requested accompanied by a tilt with her head.

Y/N swallowed the piece he had eaten from his sandwich and his hands shook every so slightly.

"A...Are you...s-sure...?"

"Mhm. I've seen you without your sunglasses before, but I would want to see them again, please!"

That cheery smile of hers is something Y/N doesn't have the will to say no to...

...well, he doesn't really say no to Nezuko so...

Y/N took the nifty pair of buttetfly-themed sunglasses off his face and gently set it down the table they were eating at, revealing his full face since his mask is also down in order for him to eat.

Nezuko rested her palm on the boy's cheek and sighed contentedly. Y/N felt like he wanted to jump for no particular reason, but he suppressed the urge to do so.

As a response to what Nezuko was doing, he also rested his palm on her cheek, resulting in her getting wide-eyed for a moment before closing her eyes and giggling cutely.

Minutes have passed, Nezuko had to go to the bathroom, and since Y/N didn't wanna leave her alone, he waited outside the girl's restroom.

He just stood there. His sunglasses and mask provided his face a cover, once again.