Chapter 7 - A Night In

"Get upstairs now!" My dad screamed. "Now!"

The pain was physically unbearable, the slap to my left cheek and the kick to my ribs and some other quick and powerful hits that I didn't notice. I sprinted quickly upstairs ignoring the pain, he has been bad, but not this bad.

The only thing that kept me going was the thought of skyping Quinn. She was the only one I could talk to about everything, her smile always managed to pull me through the day. HAlf the time she never called, so if she would I would be delighted.

I splashed cold water on my face to let the puffiness calm down a little bit. I took a deep breath and fanned my face, she is supposed to call in 5 minutes. I calmed myself down, sat down on my bed and accepted her video call.

"Hey Quinnie!" I said faking a smile. "How's college?"

"Amazing, honestly, I've met so many people who are so lovely." She said beaming with happiness. "How's Lima? How's McKinley? Meet anyone special?"

"Boring as per." I said sighing. "I may or may not have some gossip."

"Oh," She said excitedly. "Tell your big sis."

"So, uh," I started. "Well, first things first, I joined Cheerios and Glee. I actually got co-head cheerleader."

"Oh my gosh!" She said clearly happy of her legacy. "I'm so proud of you, was Sue nice?"

"You could say that..." I mumbled. "She asked me to spy on glee club."

"And you said?" She asked raising an eyebrow, she was wanting me to say no.

"Urm, I said no." I said covering my face with my high pony.

"Good," She said taking a deep breath. "Don't get involved in that, it never ends well."

"Yeah," I mumbled again. "So, I may or may not have some small little crushes."

"Tell me more." She said getting closer to the camera, intrigued by my love life.

"Here's the summary." I said thinking. "Okay, the first guy is kind of a bad boy but I got to know him and he really is a sweetheart. We kissed after that Britney song, "I will still love you." but I told him it didn't mean anything-"

"Did it?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"It did at first but the other head cheerleader is dating him so I told him it didn't. He was a bit of a dick about it, he was flirting with another girl aswell so I told him to leave me alone. Then we made up again through song and may have led to another kiss. Then this other guy...you might know him. He's really sweet and we have a lot of chemistry together and he's always teasing me. We spent nearly every day after school together."

"Ugh," She said with a sigh. "I hate boys, what is this guys name?"

My eye's widened, I can't let Quinn know who it is. If she found out it was Sam she would kill me and it would be so unbelievably awkward.

"What?" I shouted pretending that my dad was shouting on me. "I'll be down soon."

"How's dad?" She asked. "Is he any better?"

"Uh," I said with a gulp. "He's- he's great, yeah. He has been drinking but it's not that bad..."

"That's good Eff," She said with an apologetic smile. "I wish I could be there and give you lots of hugs."

"I miss you so much Quinn." I said refraining from crying. "I miss you being there every week to visit me."

"I miss you too," She said before getting distracted by someone. "Look, I've got to go and help my friend. I'll call you soon, love you sis."