Chapter 12 - Immortals

I spent all last night making my costume after visiting my dad, still no new news about him. He looked a little bit better than he did the other time I saw him. I'm just glad that I had enough courage to see him alone this time.

My superhero costume was easy to make, it was one of my old white dresses but it was ripped a little to show a bit more skin. I found an old belt and spray painted it grey along with a grey cape. The wings on my feet were made out of plastic and seriously sticky glue, the gloves were just some old socks but I made them shiny with spray paint.

I put on some red lipstick and painted on a black mask, trying to make it as real as possible. My blonde hair was straightened and put behind my back so I could see. I walked into the choir room with Brit starting in a fighting pose, the theme for it was ninja like I suppose.

("Immortals" By Fall Out Boy)

Effie (Brittany): They say we are what we are, but we don't have to be. I'm bad behaviour but I do it in the best way. I'll be the watcher (watcher) of the eternal flame. I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.
Brittany (New Directions): (Oooooooh) I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass glass, glass. (Glass, ooooooh) I try to picture me without you but I can't.

We were both fighting with swords at first but then changed to our minds and our powers, my power was magic and my voice. Brits was...the human brain? I suppose it was like a mixture of stuff, it did ease the tension between us.

Effie: 'Cause we could be immortals, immortals. Just not for long, for long, and live with me forever now, pull the blackout curtains down,

I ran up to the back and pulled down some of the blinds running through the middle of the guys, I could tell they were looking, especially Sam, it was like Kitty with her superhero suit.

Effie: Just not for long, for long. Because we could be immooooooo- immortals, Immooooooo- immortals, Immooooooo- immortals, Immooooooo- immortals.

After watching Brit do a few flips at the front and fancy moves whilst I sang I eventually took her place and she took mines and began to sing. Brit was a good singer, I think she's underrated actually.

Brittany: Sometimes the only pay off for having any faith, is when it's tested again and again everyday. I'm still comparing your past to my future. It might be your wound but they're my sutures.
Effie (New Directions): (Oooooooh) I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass glass, glass. (Glass, ooooooh) I try to picture me without you but I can't.

Me and Brit were back to our fighting poses but with the swords this time, we pretended to be in battle. After dropping the swords we immediatly went to a dance battle, I was a good dancer, but Brit was better so I showed off my vocals again.

Effie: 'Cause we could be immortals, immortals. Just not for long, for long, and live with me forever now, pull the blackout curtains down, just not for long, for long. We could be immooooooo- immortals, Immooooooo- immortals.
Brittany: Immortals, and live with me forever now, pull the blackout curtains down. We could be immortals, immortals, Just not for long, for long.
Effie: We could be immooooooo-immortals, Immooooooo-immortals, Immooooooo-immortals, Immooooooo- immortals.

We ended in the same pose we started with, dead serious faces. Eventually our faces broke into smiles and we hugged when we heard the round of applause.

"Wow, that was great guys." Finn said standing up and being the last one to clap. "What are you supposed to be? 'Ew'?"

"'EW' Stands for Elephantine wonder." I said trying not to laugh. "I really like Elephants, my powers include luring animals with my voice, flying," I said pointing to my heels that had wings attached to them. "And general magic."