Chapter 39 - Previously Unaired Christmas

hi i didnt get this episode and didnt like the idea of doing a flashback so i decided to make it christmas in my own way. merry chrysler. (sorry its late ive been working like mad, broke up with my boyfriend of two years and been dealing with my shite mental health! enjoy!!)

▪▪▪

Recap: Here's what you missed on Glee.

Rachel's got the lead in Funny Girl and Santana doesn't know what she wants to do.

The New Directions are getting ready for college. Artie's going to film school in Brooklyn, and Blaine auditioned for NYADA.

Effie and Kitty are the new head bitches, well, not new, but like, old?

Anyways, Bree got kicked off the squad for having a pregnancy scare. Yikes. So Bree threw Kitty up against a locker.

Effie and Sam made up and Sam threw Jake up against a locker.

Lots of locker slamming.

And that's what you missed on Glee.

▪▪▪

"Hey, Effie." Jake said running up behind her in the hall.

"Eh," She said looking around her. "...me, Effie?"

"Yeah, you Effie." He said to her with a laugh.

"Uhh," She said stopping and looking around. "I don't think us talking is a good idea, Jake, I mean-"

"I know," He said nodding as he held onto his bagstrap. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

Effie froze. An apology? From Jake? "What?"

"Look, I know it's a bit out of no where, but," He took a deep breath. "the way I've been acting isn't okay. I shouldn't have done that to you, or put you in that position, especially with Sam. Although he did kind of over-reac-"

"Just stop right there if you want this to be a valid sorry." He nodded at her once she stopped him.

"I'm sorry again." He said with a nod as he pulled his bagstrap and began to walk away.

"Wait," She said stopping him. "that was very big of you," she cleared her throat. "apologising." She looked around as he awkwardly nodded. "I accept it. But I don't know how Sam's going to feel about the whole thing."

"I know and I don't expect him too." He said leaning against the locker and sighing. "I mean, I knew how it felt when Ryder kissed Marley."

"So you shouldn't expect rainbows and kisses-" He looked at her. "bad choice of words. But if he knows we're okay then he should be fine."

"That's good." He said with a smile.

"So, how come you're making ammends with me?" She asked applying her lipstick in the mirror hanging in her looker.

"I just felt a bit..." Jake trailed off but couldn't find the right words. "Left out, maybe? Seeing all you guys in Glee club performing as a group without me really threw me back to reality." Effie wasn't convinced. "and the fact I blew my last chance with Marley." He cleared his throat. "It's about time that I changed my attitude. What I did wasn't cool and it's time to make up for what I did."

"Oh, Jake." She said with a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I brought it all on myself and I honestly deserved everything coming my way."

Effie looked at him. What had gotten into him? What happened to this badass guy who didn't let any girl escape his path. Maybe this was Jake's turning point, maybe it was time for him to grow up.