Chapter 31 - Breaking Point

"I don't think we've ever spent two weeks on an assignment, Mr Schue." Tina said over the uproar of applause coming from the room as Mr Schue wrote "The Beatles" on the whiteboard.

"Hey, the Beatles are so epic that we need two weeks to do them justice." He said putting the marker down and focusing on the group. "This week is all about the early years of the Beatles, when all they had was a belief in each other and a belief that together they could do anything."

"The school year seems like it's never ending, and now we're wasting two whole weeks on a band from the 1940's?" Kitty retorted looking up from her opened binder. "Seriously, can anyone still relate to the Beatles?"

"Pretty much the entire world." Blaine replied, not even looking at her as he stared ahead.

"Yeah, I can definitely still relate." Ryder said with a nod.

"Why?" Kitty said turning around and looking at him. "Were the Beatles dyslexic and cat-fished by transsexuals?"

"Me-ow." Effie mumbled to Kitty as she wrote one Kitty's binder, not even shocked at her as she was used to it.

"And you wonder why everybody hates you." Tina said not even bothering to turn around and look at her.

"When George Harrison was a kid, he was made fun of 'cause his dad was the bus driver." Marley said trying to prove a point to make Ryder feel better.

"John Lennon's dad wasn't even around," Jake said with his arm around Marley. "he walked out of John's life when he was five."

"I don't really know the Beatles; I'm a little on the black side." Unique said making a worried face and earning a look from Tina.

"And Ringo starr was a sickly little kid, which probably means he was sitting down a lot." Artie said slightly looking around hoping for someone to agree.

"And they decided to form a band. Which changed the world. Now, you guys are really gonna have to challenge yourselves this week. Bring your a-plus games. Perform these classic songs in new and exciting ways." Mr Schue said clasping his hands together and looking back at the board. "If we can push ourselves to a whole new level, like the Beatles did constantly, we can win back-to-back national championships and form a new directions!" He said making the group cheer. "Dynasty. All right, see you guys tomorrow."

As he said that, the bell rang and the group disbanded, all going their own routes to get to class. Kitty stayed back, trying to get rid of some of the drawings Effie left on her binder.

"And speaking of, your chariot awaits." Artie said gesturing to his wheelchair with his hands making Kitty blush with a goofy smile.

"Okay, we're moving slower than Jonah hill trying to get out of the bathtub," Kitty said as they rolled out of the choir room on Artie's lap. "and everyone is staring."

"Yeah, at our hotness." Artie said smirking, looking at her and only her, not noticing the stares and glares. "You know, I never thanked you for making me come clean with my mum. I'm going to the Brooklyn film academy because of you. And to thank you, I want to take you to Breadstix," He said making her smile uncontrollably. "besides, we both know that the raw, animal attraction between us is undeniable."

"Did you really just say that? No wonder Tina broke up with you. And Brittany and sugar and the girl in the wheelchair with the disturbingly massive boobs," She said with a small smile still on her face. "and ps, I hate Breadstix."

"Okay, well, there's a carnival in town. That could be fun." He said shrugging.

"Yeah, if you want to trust your life to toothless carnies who operate the rides." Kitty said laughing as Artie pushed her off the wheelchair making her stand up and stand in front of him.