Chapter 1

Walking down the halls of McKinley for the first time was terrifying, well I suppose I'm lucky I'm not getting bashed about like a freshman would, they get treated like rubbish and that is truly terrifying, well, unless you're a cheerio. My big sister was head cheerleader once, one of the best, well, the best.

I have been hesitant about joining the Cheerios, one side of me wants to and follow the role of my big sister but the other half has heard what they get up to, like setting a piano on fire or gettin shot out a human sized canon. Most of them aren't really nice, most of them are bitches actually.

Most people don't know about me, the alumni only found out a few months ago when Quinn was asked if she had any siblings, God knows why she told them, why after hiding me for all these years would she change her mind? My Quinnie has grown up, that's why. They were apparently really shocked that they never saw me, never mind getting mentioned.

I spent the last few weeks of summer with Quinn in Connecticut as she got to know the place, it was a really nice place and I think she deserves it, she's been through a lot in high school and Yale might finally be her break. I know Quinn got into Yale but she didn't live that far from New York, so we visited Rachel a few times in her tiny dorm room.

When I reached my locker I struggled to get it open. I eventually got it open but in the process I dropped the books I wanted to put away. I let out a small and sigh and picked them up, what a great start to the day, a guy with abnormally large lips and blonde hair came over and helped pick them up, he was gorgeous.

"Hey," He said handing me my books. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I said taking them off him thankfully and putting them in my locker. "Thank you."

"Well, I know how most freshman get treated so I thought a little gesture like this would get you through the day." He smiled and put out his hand. "I'm Sam Evans by the way."

"That's so sweet, but I actually transferred here, I'm a sophomore." I looked at him, his name seemed familure. "Wait, I know you!" I said taking his hand and shaking it.

"You do?" He asked raising an eyebrow and putting a book in my locker.

"Well your name seems familure..." I said closing my locker, thinking. "My name is Effie Fabray."

"Wait," He said pausing, slightly moving away from my locker. "You're Quinn's little sister?"

"Yeah," I said with a smile, at least someone knows me, well, kind of. Maybe he can help me get to classes. "You're in Glee club right?"

"Wow, you're Quinns little sister." He mumbled to himself looking away. "Yeah, I am. I'll see you around."

"Right?" I said confused about the conversation I just had.

Looks like I will have to find my own way around the school then, that was seriously weird. I closed my bag and steuggled to find my way to my first class. Maybe I should change my name if that's the reaction I'm going to get.

----

"Effie Drummond?" Mrs Andrews asked after a freshman Cheerio came in with a note for her. "Coach Sylvester wants to see you."

I heard a few ohhs and laughs, I rolled my eyes before picking up my bag and stuff, leaving the class I was supposed to be in. I made my way down the hall carefully and cautiously, when I reached her office she was sitting in her chair facing the wall.

"You wanted to see me?" I said after knocking on the door, curiously looking at her as she faced the wall.

"Fabray," She said spinning around on her chair. "She had a sister? How come I didn't know?"

"Wait," I said pausing, looking at her. "How did you know? I told the school my name was-"

"I have people dotted around the school." Sue said, convincing me but not fully, I raised an eyebrow at her making her sigh. "Or maybe trouty mouth opened his gigantic mouth, threatening to suck the life out of those who don't tell him what you want." Sue looked glad with herself after that. How could she talk about a student like that? "Now, how come Quinn never took any tips from trouty."

"Uh, I guess it never came up in conversation." I said shrugging, trying to think of a good answer knowing that if I didn't, I could be ragged on. "I mean I was at her graduation and scho-"

"Still," She said standing up and picking up a sports bottle. "You think I would know that Fabray had a spawn, I mean not her own. Have you signed up for Cheerios?"

"Erm, well no not yet-" I said but only to be overpowered by her.

"I'll just let you know now, mini Fabray, that you would be a shoe in for head cheerleader." She said putting powder in the bottle and going to the fridge and taking out a bottle of milk. "You are going to sign up, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course." I said watching her drink it after mixing it. "Was that your milk?"

"It was for Robin but I ran out. Good, now get out of my office. I have to get Robin to sleep." She turned to me seeing that I hadn't moved since I was so distracted by thinking about her drinking her own breastmilk. Did she have a baby in school with her? Was that even, like, allowed? "By myself."

I nodded, I thought Quinm was over exaggerating when explaining Sue and her intimidating ways but maybe not. I closed the door but only to bump into someone and spill hot coffee all over myself and the poor guy I banged into.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, great, another one to tally off how my day was going. I picked up the books I had dropped wiping the coffee off them, it was all over me. It was hot but not scolding hot. "I'm so sorry."

"Are you okay?" The guy asked helping me pick up my stuff. "I'm so sorry."

"No it's okay." I said eventually looking up at him, he was very cute, no, he was gorgeous, the coffee wasn't the only thing that was hot. "I...uh, I'm so sorry for spilling your coffee."

"You've said that." He said laughing and putting his hand through his hair. "It's okay."

"Do you want me to get you another one?" I asked taking my stuff from him and wiping the liquid off it. "I can just-"

"Hey, hey, listen, it's just coffee." He said interrupting me. "All I want to know is if you are okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said looking at my clothes to see them all sticky and stained. My blonde hair had turned a dark, dirty, blonde and was all sticky. "Just a little...sticky?"

"I'm Ryder." He said laughing with me. "And you are?"

"Effie." I said smiling, glad that he told me his name first.

"I'll see you around," He said walking backwards. "Effie."

I couldn't help but smile, I bit the bottom of my lip. I looked down at my white stained top, great day to wear white. Luckily Quinn told me about bringing spare clothes incase something happened like the slushie facials I've heard about.

I reached my locker and put my sticky books in making sure to space them out to dry. I picked up a shirt and headed to the girls bathroom to change. Boy, that guy really was gorgeous.

I don't know anyone here, when my mum and dad moved here and Quinn changed herself completely, I stayed in Belville middle school because I didn't want to leave my friends. I was really proud of her when she lost her weight and changed but I wish she saw that no matter what she was beautiful, well at least in my eyes.

She just spoke so high of McKinley, she said the New Directions were one of the best things that ever happened to her. I've considered joining but I've never really thought of myself as a good singer. I mean I can sing, but some of the singers they had, wow. I mean Rachel Berry and Mercedes Jones? They were just amazing, I can't forget Quinn, she used to sing me to sleep when I was younger.

The bell rang just as I left the bathroom. I made my way down the hall and stopped at the bulletin board. I saw a nearly empty sheet for the New Directions auditions but there was actually a small queue for the cheerleaders. Well this is it, can I do both? Quinn did. So, should I?