Chapter 2 - Auditions

I waited anxiously back stage as I watched Marley perform, she was seriously amazing. I was surprised when Jake performed and pretty much threw a tantrum because he didn't get to finish the song, he was really good to say the least.

Another person before that, called De'wanda auditioned but there was no words to the song, it was just dubstep. Stoner Brett also auditioned, he was, well, not as successful.

Marley was singing Billy Joel's New York State of Mind. She really was doing amazing and was hitting every note perfectly, as soon as she finished there was a round of applause from the whole glee club.

They were all there, Blaine, Sam, Tina, even Sugar Mota. What made me really nervous was the fact that Kurt was there, Quinn told me how amazing he was and how picky he was. I waited until Marley went off to the other side of the stage to walk into the spotlight.

"Next." Mr Schuester shouted as I walked in and adjusted the microphone to my height.

I could feel them all watching me, especially Sam. I looked up at him but I didn't catch his eye in time because he looked away.

"Hi I'm Effie-" I cleared my throat, I couldn't just say my first name, I wasn't just going to copy Jake who failed to say his second name then continued to throw a music stand across the stand. "Drummond..." That should do it. "and I'm going to be singing 'Emotions' by Mariah Carey." I said before handing the music to the pianist and band members.

I kept my head low hoping that they wouldnt notice my lie. It amazes me how they can just pick up a song and play with no mistakes. I heard a few mumbles in the crowd behind Mr Schuester but he just smiled and nodded towards me.

"A cheerio singing Emotions?" I heard someone snigger loud enough that I could hear but I shook it off and became determined to prove them wrong.

("Emotions" by Mariah Carey. You guys need to go listen to fetus Ariana Grande's cover of this. It's amazing.)

Effie: Mmmhmm, heyy yeah, eh. Ohhhh, woah ohh. You've got me feeling emotions, deeper than I've ever dreamed of. You've got me feeling emotions, higher than the heavens above.

I might come across pretty confident, I mean, I know I have the vocal range but that doesn't mean anything if I can't stay on beat etc. I was honestly a bit nervous so I didn't look at them, I keep my eyes front and centre at the back wall too avoid their reactions.

Effie: I feel good, I feel nice, I've never felt so, satisfied. I'm in love, I'm alive. Intoxicated, flying high. It feels like a dream, when you touch me tenderly. I don't know if it's real, but I like the way I feel, inside.

I managed to hit the note perfectly, I was practicing all week to hit it. One of the highest notes I've done, well since it was a whistle tone, I was so proud.

I eventually looked up to see their reactions, they looked wowed. The only person that looked unhappy was Unique, she had her arms crossed and her lips pouted. I repeated the chorus trying to figure out what was going on with her.

Effie: In the morning, when I rise, you are the first thing, on my mind and in the middle of the night, I feel your heartbeat, next to mine. It feels like a dream when you love me tenderly. I don't know if you're for real, but I like the way I feel inside.

I was waiting to be stopped by Mr Schuester when I sang the chorus but it never came. I suppose I was doing okay because Marley never got stopped either and she was amazing.