chapter 38

Seulgi's POV

"That's how Jaemin..." i couldn't finish my words due to tears, "...how Jaemin.. left u-us.. t-that quickly.." I said to Hyunbi, she was crying. Her face is just blank while tears slowly flowing through her eyes. I know she couldn't believe it since Jaemin is still so young, we didn't expect him to die like that..

"S-seulgi.. I-I.." she said while getting her phone and showing me something. It was a conversation of the two of them on the day Jaemin died.

"Y-you were the o-one t-texting h-him?" I said and this time, she let go of her phone, not worrying if it broke or not, while crying hard.

"It's all my fault!" she managed to say despite her loud cries and sobs. I couldn't speak so I just went near her and comforted her while crying.

The day went by and Hyunbi still has red cheeks and nose and puffy eyes. I left school early and went to the mall to buy new make up since I was getting out of make ups. I paid for the products and went to the food stalls.

I bought some donuts and a drink and was making my way to a table when all of a sudden, two ice creams were splashed to me, it looked like it was melted so it spread all over my shirt. One ice cream to my shirt and the other to my donuts! I don't like ice cream on donuts!

"Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry. Here.." she lent me a tissue. She grabbed my arm and pushed me to a table. She got the tray of my food and then put it on the table.

"Excuse me, but what are you doing?" I asked her and raised an eyebrow at her. She was alarmed and quickly bowed.

"I deeply apologize for what I did. I didn't mean to spill my ice creams on you." She said and then faced me, "don't worry, I'm going to buy another one for you."

I was about to decline when she immediately ran to the donut stall. Tsk.

"Here." she put the donuts on the table.

"Thanks." I replied and she sat with me on the table. What the hell? Isn't repaying my food enough for her?

"I'm Lee Hyerin by the way." she said while stretching her hand to me, indicating a handshake. I took a sip of my drink and shaked her hand while she smiled widely.

"What about yours? What's your name?" She said and I instantly went confused.

"Um. Seulgi. Kang Seulgi." I said and she smiled.

"Pretty name." she said, "I'll get going now." she said and I just nodded. What a weird person.

end of chapter 38