(12) The Meeting

A/n
Hey y'all I'm sorry I have not posted lately. The whole virus thing kinda slowed everything and a lot has happened so thank you for understanding! This may be a slow chapter but I promise drama is gonna happen soon lol.
Love y'all💜
Vote for my story please🥺

Taehyung POV
I'm on my way to the meeting. As we pull in I see Mr. Sinatra walking in with his wife, his 2 security guards, and what looks like his assistant. One more perosn gets out of the car but I'm to busy trying to keep up with my dad. The press of course won't get off our ass.

As we walk in, the Sinatras seem to have already made there way in. We go up to the business room, which is on the 5th floor of the building.

I enter the room, not checking my surroundings cause I don't care. These things are stupid. Nothing interesting ever happens.

When I sit down, I lock eyes with no other than Scarlett Sinatra, who never comes to these meetings.

I take back what I say about nothing being interesting.

She first looks surprised to see me but then she smiles and then her dad starts talking to her.

The first half of the meeting was about 25 minutes of me starring at Scarlett. She's definitely the prettiest thing in this room. Then we finally got to lunch break.

I get my food just as Scarlett does.

I talk to her secretly, still look down so it doesn't look like we're talking. "When did you start coming to these meetings?" I

She smiled, still looking down. "I'm usually invited but I'm always busy or never want to go. Decided I should come this week. I guess it was worth it."

I smiled with her. I could tell she was blushing. She always gets flustered when I'm around. Good thing to know.

Sinatra's assistant approaches us and stands in between us. Great. I stopped talking but she kept chatting.

What the fuck is she doing?!

"Scar, get the Mac n' Cheese. It's always good at these meetings for some reason." She definitely knew I was there but pretends she didn't see me.

"Oh, hello Taehyung." She turns her head and smiles and winks at Scarlett.

"Can you stop Gigi," she is now flustered and even redder then before. And Gigi nudged her, winking again, and walked away.

"Sorry, that's Gigi, my dads assistant. She's the only normal one in my family believe it or not."

"Oh, so she knows about us I'm guessing?"

"Us?" She looks kinda surprised.

I smile "Yes us and how we aren't supposed to be associating."

She giggles. "Yeah, she knows pretty much everything in my life. Don't worry, she won't say anything. She thinks you're a 'nice boy' anyway."

I shake my head, smiling. I hear my dad calling my name.

"I should probably go. My dad is calling." I roll my eyes and smile at her and say goodbye and we go our separate ways.

During the next half of the meeting I secretly text Scarlett during it. She glances at her phone and smiles at me.

Taehyung💜:
Are you regretting coming to this yet?

Scarlett🦋:
Explain your definition of regretting😂

Taehyung💜:
Being bored out of your mind cause the shit they are talking is nonsense.

Scarlett🦋:
Then , yes. I have no clue what's going on

Taehyung 💜:
Completely understandable.

"Hey get off your damn phone." My dad aggressively whispers to me.

Scarlett is staring at me right as it happens. She's snickering. Then she looks away when my dad looks up and looks her right in the eye.

"Don't be like Mr. Sinatra's daughter, laughing at these important meetings. So unprofessional."

I looked at her and she's still snickering. 

I swear, Scarlett, you get the best of me.

Scarlett POV
The meeting was boring other then the frequent run ins and starring moments with Taehyung.

We wait for most people to leave before we started talking and then walked out together just chatting. I saw Gigi giving me a worried look but I pushed it off. Until I saw Mr. Kim on one side the parking lot and my dad on the other staring at us talking and walking and I froze in place.

My dad charged towards me and grabbed me by the arm.

"You talk to my daughter again you'll get yourself in trouble kid." He yanked me towards the car and Mr. Kim cursed out Taehyung in the distance, which I think is way to harsh.

I just don't understand why they are like this. I should be able to have my freedom. So when I got home I called Gigi to my room. She looked worried and kept asking if I was okay after what happened but I'm getting straight to the point.

"Why do they hate each other so much Gigi? Please tell me I can't just live my life not knowing."

She got up from sitting on my bed. Her voice was much more stern than normal. "Scarlett, I told you it's not your business." She got so serious so fast and stormed out of the room.

I debated on calling Taehyung. I was so desperate to know what happened to I called him.

Taehyung: "Hello?"

Scarlett: "Hi, it's Scarlett."

Taehyung: "I know" he snickers. "I just wanted to say sorry about earlier today. It was my fault I wasn't being careful."

Scarlett: "It wasn't anyone's fault. I have a quick question about that though. Do you have any idea as to why our parents hate each other so much?"

Taehyung: silent

Scarlett: "Uh hello?"

Taehyung: "I can't Scarlett I'm really sorry"

Scarlett:"Okay so everyone knows except me. Cool."

I hang up

That's when I get a notification on my phone.

"Kim Taehyung and Scarlett Sinatra spotted talking and business meeting. What does this mean for the rival families?"

Are you fucking kidding me right now?!

1 New Message from Girls Chat
Link to article