(4) Coincidences and Perfect Timings

Scarlett POV:
His eyes seem to be scanning my face.

"That's actually a really smart idea to let you experience this. Let me warn you though that the Kim's and the Sinatra's absolutely DO NOT get along." I made sure to emphasize the DO NOT.

He smiled and laughed.
"I definitely heard about that."

I sipped my drink while we talked more but then my phone was buzzing in my bag. I checked and Samantha, one of my 3 best friends, was calling.

The cute guy was still talking so I cut him off. I told the girls not to call unless it was an emergency, so I was panicking.

"I'm really sorry but I need to take this."
As I dart up and walk fast towards the door to walk outside.

I could barley hear him ask for my name but I wanted to take the call.

On call:
Scarlett: "Hello? Sammy?"

Samantha: "GURLLL!!! CODE PINK!!! I JUST SAW JUNG HOSEOK AT VONS!!!"

Scarlett: "Sammy...I'm at my parents business party and what the hell does code pink mean? I told you not to call unless it was an emergency! I was talking to a really hot guy too! Come on!!"

Samantha: "Okay but it's HOSEOK that's an absolute emergency!"

Scarlett: "Omg! I'm going back inside. Good fucking bye."

Samantha: "WAIT...what does the cute guy look like?"

Scarlett: "I'll send pic later. Bye love you."

As I hung up, everyone is clapping as the mysterious, cute guy walks off the stage. That's weird...only Kim's and Sinatra's make speeches.

I stole a picture and sent it to Samantha

Taehyung POV:
We talk for a while but then her phone starts buzzing and she seems to be panicked as it rings, so she swiftly walks towards the door and outside.

As she left they call me on stage to make my speech my dad wrote and told me to memorize.

Yes, it's supposed to be my speech.

No, it's never my speech.

As I finished, I saw her walk in while everyone was clapping. That was perfect timing.

I really don't want her to know I'm part of the Kim's. She definitely works for them. But she's not like the other girls. She seems so much more kind and not so money orientated. She's sophisticated yet sweet.

She waved at me and smiled so I walked up to her.

"Hi, how was the call?" I smile. She giggled.

"It was interesting. I told my friend not to call me unless it was an emergency and she just called me to tell me she saw Jung Hoseok at Vons." She smiles while the words fall of her lips.

Her smile is mesmerizing. But I then I focused on the name "Jung Hoseok"

I'm pretty sure she saw my face exchange when she said Jung Hoseok because she asked me if I was okay.

Here's the thing, everyone knows I am best friends with him and the other boys. On the side, we are in a band called Bangtan Boys (BTS) and that's actually really successful.

I look down and just laugh nervously. I try to change the subject real fast by asking for her name.

"Oh," she reaches out her hand for a hand shake. "Hi, I'm Scarlett Sinatra."

My whole entire heart and body drops but I make sure to keep smiling.
"Uh" I clear my throat. My throat feels like it closing but I know it's not. "Hi, Scarlett."

I'm finally falling for someone and of course that person is someone I'm never supposed to associate with.

Fuck.