(1) Her Beginning

Scarlett's POV:
Why do my parents have to attend this stupid party tonight. Everyone that is going to be there are all old farts with money. On top of that my dad just told me that the Kim's will be their which really isn't a surprise but he HATES the Kim's.

They have been competing for the top company for years. What's the point anyway? Doesn't he have enough money as it is? We haven't had such a huge event like this for years. Everyone in the entertainment company and their families come together and just get along and party I guess.

Usually they have meetings when there is new content to be presented and other companies are interested in maybe collaborating with a project. It's a huge thing. Waste of time but the Kim's and our family are the most respected and successful so we have to attended all of them. Everyone tries to get in on their projects but never in history has the Kim's and Sinatra's ever worked on projects together. Nobody explains why and if someone asks they say it confidential and I don't care enough to worry.

Sometimes I wonder how I'm even related to these people, I mean, I'm nothing like this family. I don't base my life around money. I just want to live. The only thing my parents care about is if they are known and are the top. I could care less. My mom is okay most the time. But she has her moments. I barely see her anyways. She's always busy with work.

I start going through my closet looking for a dress to wear tonight. I showed my father my mid-length white, simple dress because he has to approve and of course he didn't. He said it was "TO simple" and "not reflecting of our family morals and his reputation." How does a fricken dress even do that?

He goes on for hours sometimes explaining how high our reputation is and I'm not gonna be the one to ruin it. The funny thing is that I never talk, only when I have to. I don't fight back. My options don't matter to anyone anymore but I like it that way. Being alone is the best way to not interact with them.

I choose a dress to go with the theme, "Classy in Jersey." I think its funny because my father doesn't even like Jersey. He says the ghetto lives there. I've never even been there so I don't quite understand what they mean but I go with just a champagne color. What could go wrong with that?

I do my hair and leave it down to cover my shoulders

I do my hair and leave it down to cover my shoulders. I don't like showing a lot of my skin.

I put on a light brown eyeshadow with sparkle on the lid of my eyes and inner corner.

After I'm ready, my dad simultaneously says it's time to go and we get into the car, which of course is a limo.

As I stare out the window at our huge house that makes me feel even more anxious and annoyed.

I don't deserve this. I always think how so many other people deserve this type of money.

I'm not ready for what lies at this party. What's even more scary is that I've never even seen what Mr. Kim's son is. My whole family blocks them out. Completely. I have a feeling there's a reason and something life changing will happen.