12.

Dani
—————————

Brixton escorts me back down to the corn maze where I find Julie standing with a box full of pumpkin spice donuts.

The bite that she just put in her mouth falls out onto the ground when she sees Brixton and I. Her reaction is understandable since his arm is wrapped around my waist.

"I should get back to work or my mom won't be pleased." He chuckles and gives Julie a slight wave. "It was nice meeting you both."

As he walks back into the corn maze Julie stares at me as if I've turned into some monster.

"I know what it looks like but nothing happened." I explain before she can get any ideas.

"You're wearing his clothes! That's what couples do and you don't even know the guy."

"I peed on myself, Julie. He was being a gentleman." I bite my lip to hide a smile.

"I think you and Caleb go great together but you can't deny the natural chemistry you had with that guy." Julie proceeds to take another bite off her donut.

"That guy has a name and his name is Brixton." I reach out to take a donut from the box.

"Brixton? What kind of name is Brixton?" She speaks with her mouth full.

"It suits him in a way. He's got that southern charm about him." I take a bite of my donut as I look around. "Where's dad?"

"He's trying to sneak more apple cider samples, insisting that he has nineteen kids who are in desperate need of some apple cider." We both laugh and then we decide to head over to the picnic tables they have set up by the pumpkins.

"Instead of carving pumpkins let's paint them instead. Wouldn't it look cute if we post pictures on instagram?" Julie asks as she eyes the rows of pumpkins.

"I guess we could do that, or we could do both. Remember when we had that pumpkin carving party two years ago?"

"Oh yeah! We didn't have many people but we made it work."

"Let's do that again. We can gather up our neighbors and even invite- invite others..." I put my bundle of clothes down beside me as I sit down on the bench.

"Others meaning Brixton." She smirks and sits down across from me. "I see where you're going with this."

"Sue me for having a slight crush on someone who's not Caleb." I half laugh before finishing off my donut.

"I support you either way but just so you know I'm not completely giving up on my brother. That brain of his doesn't always function properly but you two would go down in history as a couple." She takes a sip of her apple cider as she passes me a free sample.

"We'll see how it goes with Brixton next Friday." I bring my right leg up so my foot is resting on the bench.

"So now you're stuck with two guys? I never thought Dani Wilson would become a player, but here we are folks!"

"Shut up and eat your donuts." I laugh and notice in my peripheral vision that my dad was struggling with something.

I turn around to see him holding as many apple cider samples as his hands and arms could take. "If anyone asks, I'm definitely adopted."