|Twenty five|

Life so far has been nothing but good,he had finally gotten the perfectly imperfect wife. And for the first time ever,in a while,he looked forward to going back home to meet his lovely wife and daughter. He checked the time on his wristwatch which read after four. He was sure that by now they would be waiting for him. He quickly gathered the files and kept them aside as he stood up and made his way to the door when suddenly Bello busted in.

"Look what I have got? Where do you think you are going to?" He asked with a grin plastered on his face.

He sighed as his shoulders slumped down. Here goes nothing.

"Home of course"

"Kai I also have a wife ,so cut the crab I am sure I do not look like Hamza or Abba do I?" Bello said as he knew he had already gotten on his nerves.

"Wai mai ke damun ka ne? I said I'm going home HOME! So if you would excuse me"he rose brow waiting for his annoying friend to move out of the way.

"Okay,I've heard you but you have to wait for me. I need to take this file to your uncle"

"Guy,when did you become a sadist? If it were Hamza I would not be surprised but you? I'm really surprised I tell you"

"Now if you would excuse me..." he trailed off as he worked past Bello. Ever since he got married,it was like everyone in general was trying to get on his nerves,or so he says.

"Your still up for Traffic bar?" Bello hollered at him and in return,he waved signaling an affirmation.

Due to traffic,it took him longer than before to reach his humble abode and also I because he had to stop by at farmer's market. He smiled to himself as he remembered the people eagerly waiting for him inside the house. As he stepped out,a young man not less than thirty with curly hair looking like a Chadian strolled to him in a welcoming manner.

"Badamasi,lafiya lau,ya kake?" Badamasi simply smiled as he collected the grocery bags contains fruits and vegetables where he took them to the entrance of the backdoor kitchen.After the last watchman, an old man past away,Imam hired a much younger one.

The moment he stepped into the house,his source of joy happily crawled to his feet with her awaiting his embrace. She was clad in a pink overall with her curly hair brushed softly and a grin plastered on her face as he carried her.

"Papi!" She squeaked along the line babbling.

"How is my princess doing?" He cooed as she continue giggling and her tiny hands attempting to capture his full beard. The sight of the duo could make anybody's day. He loves his daughter unconditionally.

"Ina momma?" He asked as he held her close walking towards the kitchen which was adjourned to the dinning area near the lounge.

"Maya? Ina kike? Your father would be here any minute" Huda called from the kitchen as she was busy preparing dinner awaiting her husband's return,oblivious of the person behind her.

"Oh he is already back"

She jerked away in surprise but mostly fear as she came face to face to him. She was welcomed with a smile on his beautiful face which quickly turned to laughter as he came to contact with her horrified face.

"You scared me. Ina wuni,sannu da dawowa"

He smiled to himself as he watched her go back to what she was doing before. Her shyness was on another level,even after two months of marriage,she still is that innocent girl he knows. He simply shook his head in amusement as he walked further trailing behind her.

"That's it? Aren't you gonna hug me,or kiss me,or at least even a peck?" He whined.

"How about you go freshen up,while I wrap up?"she suggested instead.

****
"Honey?" He hollered at her as he glanced at his wrist watch for the nth time. Women,he just couldn't understand them. He has been calling unto her fit the past fifteen minutes and she was still yet to come out. Now he understands why his friends often at times complain about,he thought it was just one of their antics of scaring him on marriage,turns out he was wrong and they were right.

"Ba-

"I'm here! I'm here" she announced as she walked to him elegantly dressed in a brown abaya with a cream veil. She was looking gorgeous as always.

"Took you long enough"he scuffed.

The moment her lips collided with his,he forgot the annoyance he was feeling.  He was lost in his own world.

"As much as I would like to continue,we have to greet Abba and Umma" she nodded as a frown found its way to her face. She simply cannot point out why her mother in-law dislikes her,it has even gotten to the point to acrimony.

"Habibty,don't worry everything would be alright. You got me"he assured her as they walked hand in hand to his parent's chambers which was the main building.

Immediately the couple set foot into the living room,a scowl was already on Hajiya Rakiya's face.

"So you have decide to grace us with your presence" were the words they were welcomed with.

"Good morning Umma"they simultaneously greeted.

"We have to beg you before you come and greet us? Kai yaronan kafa sauya hali,because that was not how I raised you" she continued eyeing Huda all the way as the poor lady simply kept her gaze on the carpeted floor.

"Umma it's not like that,you see-

Suraj was suddenly interrupted by his mother.

"Surajo? Before It was lying,now it's exchanging words with me ko?"

He simply ducked his head to avoid further more complains.