|Five|

She arrived at exactly four in the evening where they made a stop at the final car-station in Jabi,she requested for an Uber nearby and in less than fifteen minutes,the driver arrived. In no time,the car halted in front of the gate in Maitama.

"How much is my fare?"She asked eagerly waiting.

"It's four thousand" the driver replied which she paid him. As soon she got her luggage from the trunk,he drove off. She walked to the gate and pressed the bell,the old watchman opened it only to be met with his boss's wife. To say he was surprised or rather shock as an understatement,he thought it was Huda whom would come thrice in a week to clean the house,but no apparently he was wrong.

"Hajiya sannu da dawowa" he greeted her as she made her way into the house. Upon reaching the front door,she realized it was locked. She furiously walked to the quarters,but unfortunately she couldn't find her. At this point in time the devil whispered some thoughts to her which made her more furious than ever. She made her way back where she confronted the watchman.

"Where is she? Where are they?" She snapped at the old man.

"Hajiya who are you talking about?" He asked with confusion laced on his face.

"What do you mean? Am i speaking gibberish? Where is my husband and that good for nothing?" Look who's talking. (Note the sarcasm).

"Alhaji has gone to work,but I don't know where she has-

Just then the honk of a car,not just any car,but Imam's car. The old man quickly ran to open the gate. As soon as he descended from the car,she attacked him with questions he couldn't comprehend.

"Where is she? Where are you coming from? So because of my absence you think you can just- that's not the matter, Imam where is she?" She yelled at him. Without giving her a glance,he walked passed her and made way into the house where she followed suit.

"Imam? Imam? Imam I'mtalking to you or are you suddenly deaf?" Wow the nerve! This woman is seriously trying his patience. Yet again without a glance he walked to the bathroom. 
  By then,she was already fuming. After fifteen minutes,he came out and dressed himself about to go out when she stood in front of him.

"Imam please talk to me" She pleaded.

"Well  salam to you too" he sarcastically replied as he got a hold of the doorknob about to turn the handle. Why did I ever marry this woman?

"Can we please talk?"

He walked back into the bedroom where he sat on the bed in which she followed suit.

"Look I'm sorry,it's just that when I came back and realized she wasn't around I thought,I thought you were together. I'm so sorry please forgive me" silence. He was silent for over ten minutes and it was really killing her inside before he spoke.

"After two months,you know you have a daughter and your first thought was- that's not even the point,so you think I can stope to that level? Unbelievable."
He chuckles.

"I know and I'm sorry. Please forgive me" she said with a pout.

He only nodded and proceeded to warming the food he had gotten from his parent's house,though it took a lot of persuasion from Ammiey before he finally agreed. And now that he is eating the food he acknowledged how much of a great cook she is.

On the other hand,Sophie was getting impatient though she was the one at fault. As she was about to follow him to the kitchen,her phone began to ring with the signature apple ringing tone which was the opening. She didn't need any of her mother's tantrums,so she decided to decline and call her back later. As she met him eating,she sat close to him.

"Baby? I know you're angry,please forgive me"she pouted with a puppy eyes all in a bid to be forgiven.

She sighed clearly noticing that he wasn't gonna respond to her,so she made way into the kitchen and also grabbed a plate as she served herself the food.

"Mmmh! I have to say the food taste so delicious"she moaned as she took her first spoonful.

It was at this moment he thought to play his cards. "Yeah I know,my wife cooked it" he said with a straight face without even glancing at her,yet again.

Suddenly the smile on her face dropped. "Imam what do you mean? I can't even remember the last time I cooked,so it can't be me" she said as she lost appetite. He shrugged as he took his car key and exited the house leaving her as she sat still,she actually snapped out of reality of a moment as she was trying not to think of a worst case scenario.

The four ladies were all seated in the living room on a carpet with exception of Ammiey as they were watching Ready Player One which Layla literally forced everyone to watch. Well Huda's attention was not actually on the movie,rather her eyes were fixed on Maya whom is sleeping on her hand,the girl is so cute Masha Allah! After a minute or so,she stood up and walked to Ammiey's room where she kept the baby on the cradle,but as she was about to go out,Ammiey walked in and from then,they got into a conversation before Imam walked in on them with a salam.

"I can see you can't stay away from your daughter. Har ka dawo" Ammiey teased him,because it was just two hours ago he left.

"It's not like that Ammiey,I actually wanted to talk to you" He said as he found himself a seat. Huda cleared her throat as she stood up.

"Erm Ammiey let me go and start preparing dinner" she announced as she walked away.

"Toh,Allah ya miki albarka. Such a hardworking girl!" Ammiey remarked.

He simply nodded his head,but he was also amazed because Ammiey is a type of person whom doesn't easily get impressed,but with Huda,she is always praising her. Well this was not what he was here for. He cleared his throat and began.

"She's back"he said barely in a whisper.

Ammiey was as confused as ever and her expression made it obvious. "Who is back,Imam?"