|Twenty four|

Everything was going perfectly,the house at Katsina was still filled with some relatives,while other's took part in conveying the bride to her new home as per tradition. The sun had already set when the cars which contained those whom are to convey the bride to her in-laws in Abuja. Nnamdi Azikiwe airport was filled to the brim as they awaited the flight to land. The bride and some of her close family members traveled by air as to not stress the bride and also one of the wedding gifts,courtesy of her father.

Immediately Huda and her entourage stepped out from the arrivals,family,friends and well wishers gathered around as they walked her to the sleek GMC where her groom stood in all his glory dressed in a white kaftan and kubbe perched on his nicely low cut hair. His dazzling smile was enough to sweep any girl present their off her feet. In fact,it was safe to say he looked even more stunning than his first wedding. In no time,they entourage hit the road with the couple's ride in the middle heading to Asokoro district. During the ride,Imam did nothing but stare at his wife in awe,even his friends,Bello and Hamza could not keep their eyes off her,but their reason was different. Huda uncomfortably squirmed under his gaze. He made attempts to get her to talk,but to no avail. The ride was silent with only him rubbing his thump over her smooth and soft skin. She was enjoying the contact quite alright until she felt him withdraw,to her utmost dismay,she glanced at him as he was focused on his phone. Few minutes later,she heard her phone beep.

Imam
You know,I can't seem to take my eyes off you,and I know you also can't take your eyes off me. So don't be shy,I'm all yours❤️.

Imam
Urg! The ride is just taking too long and I don't know if I could hold myself for another minute. Maybe I should just tell them to take us home,our home then tomorrow we could visit my parents. What'd you say?

Imam
Oh! Did I mention I love you? I love you I love you❤️.

A giggle escaped her lips which caught their attention. She suddenly felt shy as she lowered her head under her veil. Imam smiled contentedly as he knew she would be blushing by now. How cute!

"Okay lovebirds,we are here"Hamza announced as Bello stepped out of the car to call his wife.

"Shall we?"he requested waiting for her hand,as always,she simply blushed as they walked hand in hand with family and friends behind them. This was it,this was her new family,her new home. She couldn't help but feel qualms,sure she had been to the house several times,but this was going to be her first time as a daughter-in-law of the house. He could feel her anxiousness rising to her whole new level,so he pulled her closer whispering some assuring word to her.

Here goes nothing,as soon as they stepped into the house,his parent's relatives were already seated at the living room awaiting their arrival. The couple stepped further into the room as they found a spot on the lush Italian rug.

*****

From the looks of his mother,you could tell she was not that happy about the union. The moment she sighted her son with his supposed wife,a frown found its way to her face,but nonetheless,she got up and embraced her daughter-in-law just for her son's sake. As it is,the only people in the room were his parents and few immediate family members. And as per tradition,they were going to welcome the bride into her new family.

"In the name of Allah,well as we all know,you both are no longer children and you have become one,marriage is now binding you in a holy matrimony. I am sure you all know what marriage entails about,but let me put more light to it. Marriage is not all about 'I love you' and whatnot,it is about respect,trust,honesty,tolerance take it from me,so long as these four elements exist in a marriage,then certainly by the grace of God your marriage is going to be among the best,sure there is going to be misunderstandings along the way,but like I said earlier on,tolerance the ability to accommodate each other's behavior. As the husband,you have the responsibility of providing for your wife,take care of her as she is your entrust,as for you,your duty as a wife to obey him,advice him on matters which arise,but most of all,a companion. You both need to work hand in hand. Kuma ina fatan zaku yi zaman lafiya,Allah ya bada zuri'a dayyiba."

The room chorused in Amin as Suraj's father ended his speech.

Suraj's mother,Hajiya Rakiya by mere look was in no mood to talk,and everyone in the room,including Huda noticed it. That was one of the major reason her mother was against her marrying Suraj,as according to her 'when you are loved by your mother-in-law,you are loved by your husband and his family,and vice versa'.

He turned to look at her as he felt her shudder,sensing the tension in the room,he pulled her closer as he drew soothing circles on her back.

"Mun gode. We will be leaving now,as it is getting late" he announced as they both stood up,but with the look of things,obviously,Hajiya Rakiya was not going to have any of it.

"Surajo? Yaushe ka fara karya? Eight p.m is what you call late? Tabbas barewa bata gudu dan ta yayi rarrafe" she exclaimed.

"He is right,good night" her husband declared giving them the go ahead to leave.

"How can you support him,simply because he is married- wait when did he even get married,just yesterday and he is already slipping away from us?"

He sighed deeply,indeed the night was going to be a long one.