Chp. 20

Oscar's POV

Tomorrow was Freeridge's homecoming game and dance so Cesar was throwing down for almost all the Seniors at the house. Amaya and Guadalupe were out of Freeridge tonight and that let me relax.

With the swarm of kids at my house I wasn't gonna relax sitting watching T.V. Or sitting out back listening to their little bitch asses talk about 'their glory year'. 

I changed into some comfy clothes and thought out a plan.

In N' Out, the beach and some weed. Not in that order.

My car was being vandalized by two shitheads. All I had to do was clear my throat and they ran off into the backyard.

My glove compartment was full of the fresh supply for drops tomorrow. Cesar was gonna be on double duty because of this fucking party.

I backed out of the driveway and my night started to pick up.

=====

Wind chill from the ocean made the already 60 degree air feel cooler. Sand lifting up made me stay in my car and smoke some fresh bud. 

I thought I was tripping when all of a sudden two women were standing directly infant of my car scaring me like no one as before.

"Sup motherfucker?!" Amaya yelled.

She had tears running down her face. Lupe was trying to pull her back but Amaya was banging on the hood.

"You ruined my life! DON'T YOU NEVER COME HERE ME AGAIN!" 

There was no response that I could come up to calm her cries.

She was right.

I did ruin her life. I ruined my life. I sure as hell ruined any life that we had together.

I stepped out of the car when Amaya ran towards the water and Lupe leaned against my car.

"What the hell did you two do?" When I stepped closer to Lupe her entire odor reeked of booze. 

"Had fun. Let her, let loose. She was clenching up so much that I'm sure someone heard her chocha start to crack into a bunch of pieces."

"What the fuck does that even mean Guadalupe?"

"It means that you don't know that hyna as well as you think you do. OH! I also told her about most of the Prophet$ being in jail, so, your little watchdog business is el fin."

"There are still Pinches Prophet$ who want her. She isn't safe."

"From who? You or them? Spooky, at this point she's gonna put the pieces together and its not gonna look good for you homie."

"I'm not your homie. Did you tell her about you and Little Frankie?" I wanted to give her some shit for giving me shit.

Lupe looked like I stabbed her and then rolled her eyes.

"How the hell did you know about that?"

"Hyna he's my homie. Frankie told me like the first time you two..." I whistled instead of finishing that sentence. And Lupe smacked me.

"I'm gonna hurt him. No, I didn't tell her yet. Never in a million years did I think I'd be with a gang member let alone an OG's son."

"Who is also Rosé's secret son and is 12 years older than you."

"Pishhhhh. Don't mean shit."

Amaya had made it to the water and was now slashing around in the water in her red dress.

"Go get her. I'll chill with the protection but get her home in one piece." Lupe nodded and started towards her friend.

"Nos vemos mañana, ese." Lupe yelled back at me.

"Adios."

Well my night was completely ruined.

I moved my Impala down the road somewhere they couldn't see me. I waited until they got into a car and then followed the car all the way back into town. Lupe and Amaya got out at Lupe's house and staggered inside. Once they shut the door and the front porch light went off I sped off down towards my house.

Once they sobered up it was truly over for me.

I know for a fact that Señora Sanchez boxed up the life that Amaya forgets and she will most likely be looking for all that tomorrow morning.

I needed to lay low and stay away from the Sanchez family for awhile.

=====

Drops were finished by noon and the football game started at one. Trying to drag my feet didn't work well when all the boys wanted to go right away.

We piled into the cars to met up with Lil' Spooky and his friends. Cesar drove them because Monse and Ruby were nominated for their court. I remember doing the same thing for Amaya and Lupe.

Walking up to the bleachers a group of teachers were congregating. Low and behold, Amaya was standing there yawning, covering herself with her arms and was wearing dark sunglasses.

Jamal ran over to get his marching orders from Coach, making Amaya lift her head to see me.

I dipped so fast, I cut off a couple of the homies.

I haven't been this skittish since Amaya first let me take her out.

It was unnerving.

And being this unhinged isn't good being a jefe for a murderous boss like Cuchillos.

One wrong step now, I'm either dead or slapped with a third strike. And 30 to life doesn't sound great until Cesar's off to UCLA and out of harms way.

The Pledge of Allegiance, some freshman hyna poorly singing the Stars Spangled Banner, and then the first two quarters.

Señora Sanchez and her girls seated in their regular spot, with the addition of Amaya.

Then all of a sudden both teachers stood and walked off towards the field. High schools dressed like it was prom were ushered on to the field by Jamal. Cesar cheered when Monse and Ruby walked out together.

Teachers filled the track.

"Compa, what you worrying about? Place a bet or something?"

Sad Eyes sat down next to me. "She knows." He cocked his head at me and then it hit him.

"NO SHIT! What are you gonna do?"

"I don't know."

"Go talk to her." I shook my head.

"Bad idea. I need to lay low."

"That's a bad idea. Go talk to her, figure your shit out so you can stop freaking out. Look she's heading back here. Meet her at the stairs." I stood up without thinking and just did what Sad Eyes said.

He was right. Right?