Questions For A Queen

Start from the beginning

"Well that's because of Lee. And because the others are more accepting anyway...." I replied.

"But you're the more cautious one." She grinned. I nodded in response.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"You don't trust easily, that's pretty easy to see as well." She noted. "I understand your reserve, it's scary.. as I said before. It can be overwhelming as well."

"Yeah, if that ain't the understatement of the century." I replied as I rolled my eyes. I was overwhelmed, by all of it. Every single bit of it, from blue boys intense stares... how he made me feel when I was near him, to how my life was suppose to now be lived. "I just.. I guess I don't understand why me. I guess maybe it's my own issue that I have to deal with. I will try to get over it, but all of this is really overwhelming- I mean.. rules, being a Queen? Rebels trying to kill my friends, wanting to kill all of us..." I paused, it was a lot and I hadn't really digested it.

"I know, it's a lot. But I can promise it's worth it. Once you unite with Taehyung it will be more clear than ever." She seemed so sure, it was hard to not want to just jump on bored.

"But what about the future?" I asked.

"The future is always unclear. In truth, this is a dangerous time. In truth, you and the others are risking a lot. In truth, you have a chance of dying before all this makes sense and you finally decide what you want to do." She was straight forward- I kind of like that.

"And if I've had sex with him it's worse right?" I asked. She smiled and shrugged.

"It starts the process of becoming a Dragon, the Dragon you will be. Unless you choose not to." She answered.

"But at this point, if I choose not to I'll die right?" I asked, thinking about Tour.

"It's possible. It depends on how far along you are in the process. The more you are bedded the more likely it is that if you choose to not go through with it- well you have a higher chance of death." She was answering truthfully, and I had to admire that. I nodded and considered... I'd only been with him twice but I had noticed it was getting more difficult to not be with him.

"Is it always a struggle?" I asked. She looked at me a little confused. "I mean- is it always a struggle when you can't with him, the one you're Mated to?" I asked. She giggled a bit and sighed contently.

"Not always, but at first it is. That's because your body only knows him. Your body will only react to him, and it will crave him. That last one.. your body craving him- that never goes away. That always remains, but it's tolerable. At first it's a lot more intense, you need him, you can't go without seeing him. After unification and time, it becomes less of a constant need. You will think of him when not with him, and when you are with him that craving and how your body responds will always remain the same. But it will be manageable." She informed me. It was good to know the feeling wouldn't be always this intense, I mean right now I was thinking of nothing but how he felt inside of me- all while talking to a woman who was like another mother to him.

"Well that's good... I do want to know exactly what this unity thing is. I mean, it sounds important. I just don't exactly know what it means."

"Think of it like a wedding." She said simply.

"So, wedding dress, brides maids... flowers, food, booze, bar fights?" I asked. She laughed a bit and leaned back in her chair for a moment.

"Haha, No silly girl. Well some of it, yes. The Great hall will be decorated in flowers and such. You will be in a wedding dress, and there will be a pastor of sorts. One of the elder dragons will read from the book of unity. You will have your finger pricked, as will Taehyung and you will drink the wine with both your blood in it. His blood will enhance the process of you becoming a dragon. On your wedding night- for lack of a better term for it, you will be marked by him. He will bite you and that will trigger the process. In time you will become a Dragon. That being said, if you are a true mate- it seems this process could happen over night." She stated.