Chapter 10

I yawned as I sat up in my bed. I groaned in annoyance as I heard pounding on my door. I walked to the painting and opened it.

"What?" I grumbled.

I realised that it was Snape.

"Oh, um, I'm sorry, professor... I'm not exactly a morning person." I apologized.

"I really don't care. I just have a question. What's your mother's name?" Snape asked.

"Um, it's Y/m/n. Why do you ask?" I answered.

"No reasoning. I'll let you get back to your sleep. It's late." Snape said.

I hummed and went back to my bed, unable to get back to sleep. I was tossing and turning. A nightmare I'd had going through my head. I groaned and sat back up. I looked at the time and sighed. I'd have to be getting up soon anyways so I got out of bed and got ready heading off to the Great Hall for breakfast. I walked in and yawned sitting at the Gryffindor table with Fred and George.

"What's up you little shits?" I greeted the twins tiredly.

They chuckled at the energy in my greeting with my tired ass look.

"Don't you laugh at me, I'll kick your ass." I grumbled.

"Really? But you're just a first year." Fred said.

"Haha! I would be in your year had my mother allowed it!" I replied. "I win!"

"Sure you would shorty." George said.

"I'm not short!" I whined.

"Whatever you say tiny temper." Fred said.

"That ones very accurate." I replied.

We all laughed and I grabbed a coffee and drank it, eating a single piece of toast at the same time.

"You should eat some more." George said.

"Then you might grow a couple inches taller." Fred chuckled.

I huffed and took one last sip of my coffee.

"I'm going to class." I said.

"We didn't upset you, did we?" George asked.

"No no, I just want to head to class early." I answered.

"We're sorry if we upset you." Fred said.

"You two didn't, it takes alot more than that to upset me." I replied. "Besides, it doesn't matter if I am upset because you two won't be able to do anything about it. Now, I'll be off to see Dumbledore before class."

"Ok, we'll see you at dinner." George said.

I nodded and walked to the professors table and to Dumbledore. I gave him a small smile.

"I've made my decision, professor Dumbledore." I said.

"Ah, would you like to discuss this in my office?" Dumbledore asked.

"No thank you. I just want to tell you now." I answered.

"Alright then, Miss Smith." Dumbledore said.

"I'd like to be in Gryffindor." I stated simply.

I heard Professor Snape choke on his drink at my statement.

"Is that your final decision, Miss Smith?" Dumbledore asked. "Knowing that you are unable to switch houses."

"Yes, headmaster." I answered.

Dumbledore nodded.

"I'll owl your mother then young lady." Dumbledore said.

I nodded and walked to class. As I arrived outside McGonagall's classroom I sighed sadly, knowing my mother would be pissed with me for a while. I saw Malfoy and his posse walking towards me and I rolled my eyes.

"What is it, Draco?" I asked.

"So, I saw you talking to Dumbledore. Welcome to the right house." Draco answered.

I snickered slightly at my friends stupidity.

"Oh Merlin no! My mother would have my head if I chose Slytherin!" I laughed.

"Well you certainly didn't choose Ravenclaw, did you?" He asked in disgust.

"I chose Gryffindor." I answered plainly.

I could see the disgust and anger on Draco's face.

"You chose Gryffindor?! With all those filthy bloodtraitor's, halfbloods and mudbloods?!" He exclaimed.

"You watch your mouth, Malfoy!" I snapped. "Don't forget that I'm a halfblood as well you little rat!"

Just as I said that the rest of the class arrived.

"You're a bloodtraitor aren't you?!" Draco yelled.

"So what if I am, Malfoy?! Not like it matters!" I yelled.

"Think about how disgraced your mother must be!" Malfoy yelled.

"Oh we both know she couldn't care less right now since I chose a house she told me not to get into!" I yelled.

"You're a disgrace to your families name!" Malfoy yelled.

"Well at least I'm not a little bitch looking for a quick fuck at eleven!" I screamed.

Everything went silent at my statement as I stood there huffing in anger.

"Y/n are you ok?" I heard Ron ask.

"Just peachy." I hissed.

I looked over to the ginger and saw him with Harry and Hermione.

"Good morning you three." I said to them.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a quick movement from Draco and the next thing I know is that I got slapped.

"Oh you did not just slap me, Malfoy!" I yelled.

I turned to Draco and went to lunge at him but I felt two sets of hands grab me.

"Ah, ah, ah." I heard Fred, or maybe it was George.

"No fighting in the corridors children." The other twin said.

I huffed and relaxed. The twins put me back down and left. Just as McGonnagall opened the classroom door, Draco lunged at me and punched me in the face. This wasn't supposed to happen... I thought to myself. We were supposed to be friends forever... my thoughts continued as Draco had my collar in his hand and he was punching me in the face repeatedly. McGonnagall was trying to get him to stop but then I snapped. I grabbed both Draco's wrists and pulled him off of me. I threw him onto the ground and kicked him in the gut. I then proceeded to walk past McGonnagall into the classroom. McGonnagall got everyone into the classroom and went straight to the front.

"Mr Malfoy and Miss Smith, detention for both of you and five points from both of your houses." McGonnagall said.

"He's only losing five?!" I heard Hermione screech. "Professor, that isn't right! Malfoy provoked Y/n by using foul labels!"

"Miss Smith, is this true?" McGonnagall asked.

"Well, yeah. He called me a bloodtraitor because I chose to be in Gryffindor." I answered. "The little snob had that kick coming for him. I didn't even put my hands on him until I threw him onto the ground."

"It's true, Professor, what she's saying!" Ron said.

Soon there was quite a few students in Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff backing me up.

"He slapped her as well as the punching that you saw!" Ron yelled.

"Alright! That's quite enough!" McGonnagall yelled.

Everyone went quiet.

"Mr Malfoy from what I have heard from your classmates I will have to take an extra 15 points from your house." McGonnagall said.

"What?! But they're all ganging up on me!" Draco yelled.

"No they aren't!" I yelled at the bafoon. "They're backing up a person they trust! A person who doesn't obsess over blood status or refer to muggle borns as mudbloods!"