Chapter 20

The week flew by and before I knew it, it was Friday. I was sitting in the library with Valentina, Angie, and Lee, where we were all doing homework when Cedric approached us.

"Hey, Ced!" I greeted him with a smile. "Do you want to sit with us?"

"Hi, n/n! Uh, yeah, of course, as long as it's alright with everyone else?" Cedric asked.

"Yeah, of course, it is!" Angie answered.

"Go right ahead!" Valentina added.

"I suppose it's alright," Lee said.

Lee had been acting protective about the date since Sunday, which I didn't mind but it also meant that he refused to let me be alone with Cedric. Cedric sat next to me and glanced at my parchment.

"Ah, you're doing homework," Cedric said.

"Yeah, it's really easy but I don't mind, it just means I get it all done quickly," I replied. "So, have you thought about what we're going to be doing on our date tomorrow?"

"I have," Cedric said.

"Do tell, what shall we be doing?" I asked.

"It's a surprise," Cedric answered.

"What? how am I supposed to know what I should wear if I don't even know what we'll be doing." I said.

"I'll give a little help with that. We'll be outside." Cedric replied.

"Mmm, I'm starting to wonder if I should've waited until today to give you my answer and just avoided you the entire week," I said.

"Come on, y/n, you don't mean that," Angie replied.

"I know, but still," I said.

Cedric chuckled.

"Well, I'll tell you now, pants or jeans won't be a good idea. a dress or skirt would be better, something casual but cute, y'know?" Cedric said.

"That tells me nothing," I replied.

I glanced at the clock and saw the time.

"Oh, god! Is that the time?! I have to go!" I said.

I quickly grabbed my quill, ink and a couple of random pieces of paper and shoved them into my bag.

"Woah, what's the rush?" Cedric asked.

"I'm supposed to be going to see Professor McGonagall so that she can introduce me to my temporary study buddy because Elizabeth isn't feeling too great," I answered.

I quickly hopped over Cedric's lap and began speed walking to Professor McGonagall's office. Once I arrived I opened the doors and entered.

"I am so sorry for being late, I was in the library doing homework and just lost track of the time." I apologised.

"That's alright, y/n. I want you to meet your temporary study buddy, Persephone. Elizabeth needed some time to focus on her studies and Persephone volunteered to help." McGonagall explained.

"Hi, I'm y/n, it's lovely to meet you!" I introduced myself.

"Nice to meet you too, y/n, as you know I'm Persephone and I'm excited to work with you," Persephone said.

"Alright, I'll let you two get to know each other, have fun," McGonagall said before leaving.

"So, are you in Gryffindor as well?" I asked.

"Uh, no, I'm not. I'm actually in Ravenclaw, I'm friends with Angelina. I think you know her," Persephone answered.

"Yeah, I do, she's one of my best friends!" I replied.