Chapter 8 ~ The dormitory

The rest of the feast went by quickly and in a blur. It was now time to go to the common rooms. I sat there and waited for someone to take me to my dormitory. The twins sent identical smiles in my direction and I sent one back. All houses exited and a professor with greasy black hair walked up to me with McGonnagall and Dumbledore. I sighed and stood up.

"She's a little......mature looking for a first year...." The man with black hair said.

"Severus, we don't judge our students." Dumbledore replied.

I started to get a little self-conscious because of the professor's comment.

"I'm Y/n, Y/n Smith..." I nervously introduced myself to the new professor.

I kept my head down with my hair getting infront of my eyes so I could get a good look at the professor. He had a long black cloak on, long sleeves black shirt tucked into long black pants.....

I recognise how he looks.....but where from? I thought to myself.

"Lucius....." I mumbled.

"What was that, Miss Smith?" McGonnagall asked.

"Hm? Oh, nothing...." I answered looking up and revealing my e/c orbs.

McGonnagall nodded.

"Alright, well, let's go then." Dumbledore said.

The black haired man was staring right into my eyes, making me feel uncomfortable. I looked to McGonnagall and remembered something.

"Excuse me, Professor McGonnagall, I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I'm pretty sure that my mother said that you're an animagus. Is that true?" I asked.

"Why yes." McGonnagall answered.

I nodded with a smile on my face.

"Why was that an important question for you to ask?" McGonnagall asked.

"Oh, uh, well..." I spluttered.

I rubbed the back of my neck, slightly scratching at it.

"I was hoping to become an animagus myself one day...." I mumbled. "My mum used to tell me about how one of her best friends did it and how he's been able to help her out alot with his animagus form and I just want to be able to do something like that for her, it'd be a nice surprise for her...."

McGonnagall smiled at me.

"You're as ambitious as he was. He wanted to become an animagus for the exact reason you do, to make you're mother happy and to surprise her." McGonnagall said.

"Is this really relevant at the moment, Minerva? I'm doing the rounds to check for first years roaming around this year." The black haired man said.

"Miss Smith, this is your potions master, Professor Snape." Dumbledore said.

"Potions?!! I'm amazing at potions! I do as many as I can whenever I can!" I replied excitedly.

Dumbledore smiled and Snape removed eye-contact from me, finally.

"Alright, let's go, it's getting late." McGonnagall said.

I nodded and we left for my dorm, heading in the direction Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw went. We stopped and Dumbledore did a thing and a portrait appeared.

"Oh, hello, Albus, been a while hasn't it." It said.

"Yes it has, but I'm here to tell you that you are going to be the keeper of a single dormitory for this young lady." Dumbledore said.

Sorry for the short chapter but I'm having slight writer's block in the department of the Harry Potter fandom because my friends and boyfriend have gotten me into an anime called BNHA also known as My Hero Academia. I'll try and make the next chapter longer. Also, sorry for a upper late update