Chapter 17

It had been two weeks since I had slept in Fred's bed and admitted to him and George that I had found out who my father is but none of us had talked about it. As a matter of fact, I hadn't spoken to the two at all. I wore the necklace and Fred saw it and all common sense was thrown out the window. I had taken up extra lessons with McGonagall to make sure I could be in my fourth year when I returned to Hogwarts and also to pass the time since the twins were avoiding me. I had started hanging out with Harry, Ron, and Hermione more to pass the time when McGonagall was sick of me, and the boys were a bit sceptical at first but are now starting to trust me. But currently, I was finishing up a lesson with McGonagall.

"Alright, you may pack up now. Go start getting ready for dinner. I'll see you there." McGonagall said.

"Thank you, Professor," I replied with a soft smile.

McGonagall nodded and I walked out of her office as I swung my bag over my shoulder. As I opened the door to the corridor I expected there to be no one out there but Fred and George were there.

"What do you want?" I scoffed. "Come to tell me how much of an idiot I am again?"

I started walking and the two followed me.

"No, we came to apologise," Fred said.

I scoffed.

"Yeah right. You've ignored me for two weeks because I forgave my friend and now you expect me to come running back to you? Not happening." I replied.

"We don't expect anything from you, Y/n," George said.

"We just miss hanging out with you," Fred added.

"Yeah right. And what'll you do the next time I do something you don't like?" I asked. "Ditch me for Snape?"

"Come on, we're trying to apologise and all your doing is acting like a child," Fred said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

I suddenly stopped and spun around to face them.

"I am not acting like a child. I am hurt. You hurt me, again. You made me think that everything was going to be okay but as soon as I put on a necklace you ignore me. So I am so sorry that you think I'm acting like a child and like you can come and go from my life as you please." I snapped. "I am so sorry that I did something to help me."

I spun back around and walked away faster.

"If anyone is acting like a child, it's you, Fred," I said before I turned the corner.

As I walked I found Draco and I smiled at him.

"Hey, hows my best friend doing?" I asked.

"Ok. What about you?" Draco answered and asked.

"Not too good, actually. Fred and George tried to apologise but then Fred said I was acting like a child." I answered.

We both heard two sets of footsteps quickly approaching us from around a corner but we ignored them.

"So, where have you been?" Draco asked.

"McGonagall's office. She's catching me up on the stuff I don't know so that I can come back to Hogwarts next year as a fourth year." I answered. "What about you?"

"I've been in the library, studying," Draco said.

"Sounds good," I replied.

"Y/n!" I heard a familiar voice from behind me.

I turned to see Valentina and Lee.

"What do you two want?" I asked.

"You have to come quickly! Fred and George are arguing!" Lee said.