Daffodils

Avon ran through the fields, just fast enough to make it fun, but slow enough for Bourne to catch her eventually. They were playing tag on a large cattle field. All of the cows were on the other side, so the place was free for them to use. Daffodils grew in large patches at the edges of the field, at full bloom as it was mid-spring.
"Avon!" Bourne shouted. "You're going too fast!"
"No I'm not!"
Despite what we said, Avon slowed down. Bourne caught up to her and screamed with delight, "Tag! You're it."
Before Bourne could run away, someone called for the siblings.
"Avon, Bourne, dinner time!"
"Yes, mother." They both shouted back.
Bourne began to walk out the field, but Avon stopped him. She pointed at her back and her brother nodded. Avon walked in front of him and knelt down for him to jump on. He did so, and Avon lifted him up ; it was easy, as he was only six. She began running through the fields. Bourne squealed in delight as they ran across the grass after Mother. It was just a short walk along the dirt tracks before they made it to town. Their house was close to the gates of the city, making it easy to get there. Inside it smelled like freshly baked bread. Mother's bread.
"Now, Bourne, get off Avon's back and sit down." They both did as she said and sat down at the table. There was a freshly baked loaf, cut into slices with butter to cover it with. The siblings began to eat and the door opened. Father walked in. He went to Mother and kissed her on the cheek, the small, affectionate gesture that showed the way they felt about each other.
"Amelia, sit down. I'll get the drinks out."
Mother sat down and Father walked through to the kitchen. Soon, he made it back in, holding four cups, a bottle of water and a bottle of milk. He poured the milk for the children and the water for he and his wife. The family sat at their small table, eating a meal that others would small, but they were happy.
"So, Avon, Bourne, what were you doing today?" Their father asked.
"Me and Avon played in the field!" Bourne exclaimed.
"They were quite a long time. It was right my after you left that they went to the field, and I only just fetched them a few minutes ago." Their mother added.
They continued to talk, sharing what they had done for the past few hours. It was how they usually spent their days. Soon, Avon's Father has to leave again for work, and the siblings continued playing in the field where the daffodils were.