My life is really weird.

"Yeah, sorry. I didn't realize your arm was... your arm... but, not your arm," I say.

Yeah, that made sense, Ava.

"Care to try that again, love?" he says with a smile. In a seamless move, he rolls on top of me---his arms on either side of me, his body completely naked with his wings tucked slightly but still on display, the sheet wrapped around our legs.

"Your... um..."

What was I saying?

"My arms aren't my arms," he continues with a chuckle. "You mean these, love?"

He spreads his wings behind his back and smiles.

Damn.

His expression drops for a moment, even though he's trying to hide it.

"Is that... okay? Are we okay?"

"What?" I ask. "No, no. Sorry, I'm just... this is very distracting." I smile and wink as I pull him in for a kiss.

He smiles as our lips are inches apart.

"You don't mind, baby? Everything from last night?"

"Zane, I keep telling you, I'm not being hypnotized by your Siren magic or whatever. I mean, okay I am, but you can't be hypnotized into feeling something you already feel."

His smile grows wider as he kisses my cheek.

"Okay love," he says. "But I'm not kissing you until you've at least had breakfast. We don't want you passing out, now, do we?" He laughs as I playfully push him.

"You're just afraid you'll be hypnotized by my magical powers, aren't you?" I joke.

"Oh definitely," he says, his eyes sparkling. "You human temptress you."

He rolls off me and walks over to his dresser, pulling out a pair of boxers and a T-shirt. I look around for my clothes and see the ripped remnants of my tank top on the floor.

Oh yeah. Right...

"Um, Zane?" I ask.

He turns around as I hold up my shredded tank top.

"Oh," he says. He looks down at the T-shirt and boxers in his hand and throws them to me.

"Thanks," I say, sitting on the edge of the bed and pulling the T-shirt on over my shoulders.

In a sudden motion, Zane has me pinned beneath him on the bed. His eyes are already a glowing green.

"Damn it," he mumbles under his breath.

"What?" I ask.

"You look so good wearing my clothes, love," he says in a low, almost growling voice as he kisses my neck. "I'm afraid I'm no match for those human powers of yours."

I smirk and kiss his neck in return. He lets out a low moan in response.

"Does that mean I get my kiss now?" I ask.

"You get a whole lot more than that, baby."

ℤ𝕒𝕟𝕖

While Ava is in the shower, I figure it's as good a time as any to clean up the mess I've made in here. I straighten the furniture and reattach the curtains to the rod, collecting pillow stuffing as I go.

A buzzing noise sounds from beneath me. Ava's jeans from last night have somehow made their way under my bed and I can see her phone lighting up inside one of the pockets.